The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Epoch Alpa-I - does anyone remember?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hubriz
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Epoch Alpa-I - does anyone remember? Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new to the forums and I have here an Epoch, 1984 Alpa-I game. Does anyone have any slight idea of what this unit is called? All I know is what I can see which is the name, the brand, and it takes 4 'C' batteries. I have looked EVERYWHERE...So, any information is highly appreciated!

Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, I'm new to the forums and I have here an Epoch, 1984 Alpa-I game. Does anyone have any slight idea of what this unit is called? All I know is what I can see which is the name, the brand, and it takes 4 'C' batteries. I have looked EVERYWHERE...So, any information is highly appreciated!

I call it frustration. I bought it along with a case of cassettes a few years ago. All it seem to do was tell stories. Strange really. I packed it away somewhere. Saw one for sale boxed a couple years later. I was not tempted to buy it even for the possiibilty of instructions.
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The faded lower right button, the smily face, is the same symbol as the Say It button on the Texas Instruments Speak & Spell. The similar frowny face -- I have no idea and could not find a match in my picture collection. There might be a TI product similar later than early 1980s that I don't know about. Is the case easy to disassemble? Maybe there are more clues inside.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I've been finding everything but what I'm looking for. Here are those Cassettes I mentioned for the Alpha I game. It is more of a learning game than anything. It's very similar to the Mego 2-XL robot. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda
Ted
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this very well. I still have all the tapes except for the arithmetic one which I never got. It came with illustrated sheets with the words to spell on the front and back. My mother laminated them to protect them from damage. I got this for a Christmas present in 1985 or 1986. The tape player broke ages ago and I've been trying to find this ever since. All these years I was misspelling it "alpha-i" when doing searches.

If anyone spots any for sale, please let me know.

The characters on the machine are Waldo Whiz, Tickle, Louella Letterly, and Professor I.Q. Quizzle.

I loved these so much growing up.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned to list this last week, but misplaced the battery cover. I have a boxed version so the one pictured here will be listed on ebay. Glad someone is looking for it. Look this Sunday on ebay. It works fine.

Regards,
Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: