The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Entex Stargate -- Troubleshooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmackin
Microvision

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Entex Stargate -- Troubleshooting Reply with quote

I just recently acquired an Entex Stargate, the game is in fair condition, and i've heard that this system is pretty loud, but the one I have barely makes any sound, I get a chirp of sound every so often. I plugged headphones into the audio jack, and I was able to get a mono channel of audio. Anyone know if this is a stereo jack? I'm guessing no since Stereo sound was a new thing in electronics back in the day. So since the audio jack is working that tells me the audio chip is functioning. My conclusion is that the speaker is shot, or has a bad connection somewhere. Do any owners have some input on this machine, am I missing something? Thanks for any feedback. I'll probably open it up this weekend to see if I can fix it.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably your audio jack socket is bad. Remember that these plugs disconnect the speaker when you put in the jack. And yes it is mono. I suggest replacing or cleaning up the connector. It might have been corroded.
You could try to solder a bypass directly to the speaker, and check if it works then. If so, the connector is bad.

Here's the picture:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=369304716529934
mmackin
Microvision

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I knew you guys would know. Thanks for the information, I'll certainly take a look at that audio port. It make sense, since the audio is intermittent. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: