The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about Coleco Tabletop games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerhandhelds1989
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Question about Coleco Tabletop games Reply with quote

is there any place to buy a replacement joystick? I ask necause i saw i pac-man tabletop missing the left joystick and the guy hasn't tested it and would sell it for 20 bucks? What are the odds it can be fixed and do you guys think it'll work? I would like to know asap
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the whole joystick missing, or just the little football from the top of it?

If the whole stick is missing, that means the game has been opened (or very violently played...) If it was opened, might have been because there's something wrong with it...

Under the joystick is an X shaped piece of plastic that you would also need. If you can see the game, look inside the hole (assuming completely missing joystick) and look for the 4 metal rectangles that the joystick touches to activate the movement. If these look damaged, they'd have to be replaced... For a Pac-Man (which is fairly common), probably not worth the effort unless you just enjoy resurrecting games... Smile Or if the game looks really good (all stickers, etc), it might worth $20 anyway...

I have an extra joystick (and probably the X shaped thing) if you need it. Just let me know if you get the game and I'll send one out to you.

Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: