The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Q-Bert... What is the deal? Are they all tempermental?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoodles95
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Q-Bert... What is the deal? Are they all tempermental? Reply with quote

So... I have two Qberts. One does work but the batteries have to be a certain way. In fact I swear that the temperature, humidity, and position of the moon have something to do with this. I jest of course but I find it weird that I can fire up any of my Coleco handhelds and they all just... Well, they work.

Is there a trick to how you put the batteries in these old games?
[url=http://zoodles95.smugmug.com/Other/Video-Games/44979648_wbCcvH#!i=3613228072&k=Dbd8Qws&lb=1&s=A][/url]
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Q*berts are having very tight battery compartments. I have 2: one to be just pretty, the other is a heavily played game with a very ugly added adapter socket I got for a few bucks. For playing off course! The people at Coleco/Parker must have been very skimpy. All other VFD games come with power sockets.
Zoodles95
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
The Q*berts are having very tight battery compartments. I have 2: one to be just pretty, the other is a heavily played game with a very ugly added adapter socket I got for a few bucks. For playing off course! The people at Coleco/Parker must have been very skimpy. All other VFD games come with power sockets.

Thanks for the response.

At least the Colecos are easy to put batteries into and also have the perma power solution (what a profit maker for Coleco on that one).

Is there a way to gently modify the Qbert to make it easier to put batteries in it? Both of mine are so tricky to keep running. Move them a little bit or if the table you are playing on gets bumped and... Well... There goes the game you were playing... Mad
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just twist a wire on the contacts, and hook ik up to an adapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: