The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gakken CGL and Futuretronics Battery Covers not identical.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumps
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Gakken CGL and Futuretronics Battery Covers not identical. Reply with quote

As a newbie to this forum and forums in general I may be posting something that is well known , boring or inappropriate for discussion.
Recently I was have a little realtime comp with friends on the Galaxy Invader 1000.
I was putting batteries in a few of them to get going and got them a little mixed up. And it turned out the CGL and FUTURETRONICS covers would not fit the GAKKEN unit.
I had always seen them as identical apart from country of manufacture and badging etc.
I was wrong.
Kinda easy to see why on examination. The GAKKEN does not have battery springs like the others do and therefore requires less space in the compartment.
While this is more of a statement than anything, I ask the question, Is this common with other games released by different companies.
Mainly as I do pick up different units that do not work to rat parts for others assuming that they are identical in size.
Also as a newbie, I am happy to hear if this is not Forum type material.
Also, Thanks for the add Rik.
To wrap it up, my names David and I live in Australia. Thanks.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of surprising that they'd go through the trouble to make different molds for manufacturing like this..

I've noticed that the Coleco mini-arcade games aren't all the same. Battery covers for Frogger or Ms Pac-Man (can't remember which) don't for correctly on the other games. There's something slightly different about them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: