The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ever seen a Grandstand/Halion Frogger LCD Handheld?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveOR
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Ever seen a Grandstand/Halion Frogger LCD Handheld?! Reply with quote

Recently found at the bottom of a river:

http://miniarcade.com/forsale/grandstand-halion-frogger-large.jpg (larger version)

Maybe it once belonged to Isildur. Anyone ever seen a Grandstand LCD Pocket Arcade Game with Watch release of this rare Halion Frogger game? This is probably the wrong forum to say that this fully working, great conditioned item is available for trade. BOXED games I would consider to be part of a trade:

Tiger King Kong (color flip-top version)
Cresta/Halion Jungle Kong (handheld, cartridge, or wristwatch)
Nintendo Donkey Kong Circus Panorama

Get in touch if you can trade a rare Kong for a rare Frogger Smile Don't know of any others like this anywhere in the history of middle earth.

Steve
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the game loose, but hadn't ever seen any of these Halion games in a Grandstand box before...
steveOR
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rik. From my initial snooping, I couldn't find mention or photos of another Grandstand version anywhere. They must have only very briefly dabbled in trying to sell these Halion games. Maybe their license/deal quickly went bust? I like how the box design follows the pattern of many of their other releases with the diagonal lines and reflective foil paper (this one is sorta of gold tinged instead of the usual silver).
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these in this packaging. Didn't realize it was rare. sweet. Box is n excellent condition, but My game is not in good condition. need a new loose one.
steveOR
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda, interesting to learn of another Grandstand box out there. Not surprising that you would have one! Maybe some more will pop up here. With mine the game itself is labelled Halion so you could more easily find a loose upgrade because you don't need one that says Grandstand on it.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the picture on the box says Halion it looks like... They made no effort to hide that. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: