The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Basic Fun's Mini Arcade Tabletop Cabinets!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tartfox
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Basic Fun's Mini Arcade Tabletop Cabinets! Reply with quote

Just a heads up everyone, there's a company called 'Basic Fun' that's releasing mini arcade tabletop cabinets under the 'Arcade Classics' brand with classic games. So far they have a series of 4 titles- Series 1 and 2 are Pac-Man and Space Invaders. Sadly these two units have LCD screens reminiscent of the Tiger Electronics handheld games, but the audio/sound effects are taken straight from the original arcade machines.

Series 3 and 4 however are Centipede and Q*Bert which are both huge leaps forward with full color LCD screens, redesigned cabinets, fluent animations and sound effects.

At this point in time the 'Arcade Classics' games are available at Wal-Mart in the United States. Centipede and Q*Bert are $19.87 each (not sure of the cost for Series 1 and 2). For those unable to get to a Walmart they're on eBay now but (obviously) over priced. I managed to snag Q*Bert at Wal-Mart and I'm having lots of fun with it.

For those that want to see video of it in action, here's a short demonstration for the Q*Bert model- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b77kpbVjy7I

Series 5 and 6 are coming out this year, and they'll be Asteroids and Frogger. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: