The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My first fully electronic game I played was ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEDFreak
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: My first fully electronic game I played was ... Reply with quote

... was in 1978... I was in grade seven. The game was Coleco Electronic Quarterback.
The second game was Mattel’s Autorace , followed by Battlestar Galactica.
I think Zap was fourth followed by Mattel’s Football and hockey. I remember playing a few of the head to head games By Coleco. Smile
Merlin, Armor Attack, Digits, and Sears Autorace soon followed. I think the last handheld I owned as a kid was Microvision, And Tandy Cycle Race.
Haven’t been on this site in many years. Nice to see it still up and running. Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine must have been Mattel's Football II. My brother had that, and I assume he got it for Christmas in 1978...
I got (and still have) Microvision in 1979, so that was definitely the first one I ever owned. My brother might have gotten his Football II that same year.

I probably played both Microvision and the Mattel games from 76-79 in stores...

I don't have any memories of playing friends games at school and such until the VFD era (Tomy Pac-Man, Coleco Donkey Kong, GCE Game-Time watch... I had friends with those that I played with a lot...)

It was NOT getting the Coleco arcade games as a kid that made me start buying them in the late 1990's thanks to eBay and realizing 'Hey, I can buy these myself now!' Which led to a collection of 1000's of games... Cool

The forum has gotten quiet lately, but it's still here!
Kind of becoming a memory itself... Mr. Green
LEDFreak
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must be roughly the same age then. Smile it’s neat being old enough to have been around at the start of something, many years before the Nintendo Gameboy.
That Coleco Electronic Quartrback I played was on loan from a school friend.
I played the hell out of that game one weekend before returning it to him on Monday. That was nice of him.
I bought Armor Battle in Germany and Sears Autorace in Hawaii. Those were my only international purchases until I started to collect as an adult.
Smile
OTTOgd
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Little Professor.

My older brother ('70; me '74) got the '78 version, we played it often, and I still have it! Then I was given the TI DataMan in ~'80, I'm guessing, and the grey Exidy Space Invader shortly thereafter. Great games. Oh, and a Popeye G&W [PP-23] sometime later. That was all the handhelds we owned until Gameboy came out in '90. But we were 'puter nerds.

Anyway, I found them all again as well as receiving the original '76 Little Professor from a good friend! Nifty stuff.

ref: Embarassed
http://www.datamath.org/Edu/Professor-76.htm
http://www.datamath.org/Edu/Professor-78.htm
http://www.datamath.org/Edu/DataMan.htm
https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Entex/SI.htm
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the first one was Tandy Championship Football, wanted a Mattel Football II Laughing

Then I had so much fun with Entex Hockey and Coleco Alien Attack.

My best friend had Coleco Pac Man, Galaxian and Donkey Kong!

The hours playing those... nice memories!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: