The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Three Position Power Switch on Entex Baseball (Canadian)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Three Position Power Switch on Entex Baseball (Canadian) Reply with quote

Anyone seen this before?

I just noticed that my Canadian copy of Entex Baseball has a three-position power switch that allows players to choose between Pro and Am settings.

When I looked for other copies on eBay, however, none had this feature. Each had the standard On/Off power switch.

Weird right?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting find... I think I've known about one or two Baseball games that had this variation, but can't seem to find which ones it was I knew about... Rolling Eyes

I suspect this is a much later version of the game...
Here's an auction for a Canadian version that does not have this option:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404415053885

So it's possible there's a few American versions like this too...
Would be curious to compare the inside of the game against one with the simple on/off switch just to see what they changed internally...

(Edit- in fact, after looking through about 200 auctions currently on eBay, I can't find another game with this Am/Pro switch anywhere in the US or Canada...)
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the instruction manuals and both mention the “AM/PRO” setting but give no real information about the difference in gameplay.

I guess the interesting thing to me is that the plastic mold used to form the top part of the game had to be retooled to accommodate the slightly larger switch opening and to show the settings. Seems like an odd business decision when Baseball 2 must have been in the planning stages, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: