The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best gameplay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinEngineer
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Michael,

this is John here, I am glad that you liked the HOC5 tabletop game.
I am still pissed off about losing the first one that I was gonna send you by leaving it on the LIRR train. I wonder if the station crew decided that it was probably a bomb and decided to get rid of it without opening the package.

I agree with you on the playability of Mr. Do! tabletop game. I have just recently acquired it, so I haven't had the time to thoroughly check out the game and gameplay itself, but on the box it shows that it has ten different levels of play. Guess what I will be playing tonight?
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm fairly new at this, but I've found the Tandy kingman to be a fun, solid little game. I usually play a game or two before I go to bed.

Entex Defender is fun, as is Tomy Scramble and Coleco DK. Donkey Kong Jr is fantastic. It's probably the best game I've played so far.

I've just started getting in to these, though I've been collecting video games forever (I'm a regular over at Atariage, any other AA people here?) What surprised me about these old handhelds is how much fun they are. I figured I'd get a couple to round out the collection, but I find myself playing them a lot. I played DKJr and Pacman all day when i got them.

How many of you guys here play your handhelds often?
spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days I rarely find the time to play my games, sadly. I play them for a while when I first receive them, then they go into storage or on display.

I'm not a big fan of sports games but I recently acquired a Mattel World Championship Baseball and ended up playing it for several hours. Great looking machine too. Same with Tomy Slimboy Baseball. Some games are so tactile you just want to pick them up, regardless of the gameplay.

I've spent a few hours on Gakken Amidar. Wish I could play my Jungler - it's cosmetically near perfect but DOA, sadly.

Just reacquainted myself with MAME. Goodbye free time (the little I had remaining). Laughing
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are good with electronics (and the Jungler is completely dead), try replacing the transistors inside it... I'm still amazed at how often that will fix a completely dead VFD game. (They are usually blown by plugging the wrong kind of power to the AC jack.)

I still remember a few months ago when I actually played Bandai's Hyper Olympic Challenge 5:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Bandai/HOChallenge5.htm

That was fun... (See 3rd post in this thread).

If it wasn't mentioned already, Dig Dug is fairly respectible handheld version of the arcade game as well...

Rik
spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
If you are good with electronics (and the Jungler is completely dead), try replacing the transistors inside it...

Thanks for the tip Rik. I'm no stranger to a soldering iron, so I'll try that. I've already opened it up to check for the usual suspects - loose wires, obvious dry joints etc, to no avail. It's definitely kaput, so I can't worsen the situation by replacing some components.

Wish me luck... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: