The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pictures of your first handhelds?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Pictures of your first handhelds? Reply with quote

I was thinking of making a small section on the main Museum page featuring pictures of any of us as kids receiving or playing with handheld games. (Like Christmas pictures from 1981/2 when you got that Coleco Pac Man...) I thought it be fun to see stuff like that (I'm sure I've got some back at my parents place, I'll have to start looking... Smile )

I'd love to find pictures of places like Toys R Us with an isle full of handheld electronic games... If anyone happens to have anything like that, send them on! (I already tried calling TRU corporate, no luck. Mr. Green )

If you want to send in pictures, Email them to me (highest resolution/quality possible), and any text you would want written under the picture (if you prefer anonymity, that's fine, I can just post 'generic kid' pictures... Cool )

Anyone else think would be fun to see?

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik, I think it's a great idea. I don't think I have any, but I would to see others' pictures.

Linda
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Rik. I'll raid . through my parents pictures next time I go there. I'm not hopeful though as I don't remember any pictures of games, only presents Before they were unwraped! Neil.
Peter Pie
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound good Rik. A retro album. Unfortunately I can only find one of myself on a space hopper Embarassed . Sorry.
Doc Kaotic
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I distinctly remember a photo of me with my Star Wars Action Figure Collectors Box, but nothing from the hand held days. I'll pop by the old folks place and see what they have laying around I love this idea.

I'm going to contact my "Catalog" guys as well, see if they can scan in a page from an old Sears or Consumers Distributing book.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna check my moms digital camera!!
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea Rik, i'll have to check at the family house for something like that, mine would be with Entex hockey or the Vectrex.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, Vectrex would be great as well... I know some Vectrex collectors that would probably get a kick out of seeing it if you want to share. Cool
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to nudge this old thread back up and see if anyone is still interested in doing this. Cool

I just got back from my parents place a couple of weeks ago, and actually found a couple of pictures of me as a kid playing with some old games (Microvision and a Mattel sports game if I remember correctly, I don't have the pics with me now... Rolling Eyes At work...)

But, I'm going to scan them and at least post them here. If there's any interest, I might make a real page on the actual Museum website for this kind of thing.

Doesn't have to be Christmas of course, any pictures you want to share from the 80's with any handheld game related toys (or Vectrex, Commodore 64/computers and even console games like Atari)...

So I figured I'd see if any others wanted to play... Mr. Green

Rik
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite handhelds but this is a photo of when my mom took me and my siblings to meet Darth Vader at the local Venture store. Not me in the photo but you can make out some of the boxes behind Mr. Vader...
pergessle
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:

I just got back from my parents place a couple of weeks ago, and actually found a couple of pictures of me as a kid playing with some old games (Microvision and a Mattel sports game if I remember correctly, I don't have the pics with me now... Rolling Eyes At work...)

But, I'm going to scan them and at least post them here.

Post them up Mr. Green

I think I have one of a brother & I playing our games from Christmas 1982 or 1983.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, forgot all about this! I have them in a pile of stuff 'to scan'... Smile Time to break out the scanner and get to work. I'll try to get them up tonight or tomorrow...

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my original Coleco Pacman, and these are my nephews playing it in my room.

I could flip that thing over. I want to say I could flip it over twice, but I can't quite remember anymore... I'm sure I could. Smile I do remember I had a pattern where I clear the first two boards without a ghost touching me. Same pattern wouldn't work on the third board though...

Regards,
Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, scanned the two I found at may parents house... These are from Christmas 1981.

First one is me playing my new Entex Pac-Man. (I'm in the green, not facing the camera, surrounded by friends, one looks a little spooked by the camera. Cool ). You can also see the box for Mattel's Football II by my feet.

Next pic isn't a handheld, but there seems to be a good collector market for the MB electronic board game Dark Tower. So, here I am setting mine up, probably about to or had been playing it with someone... Still have this too, never lost a piece of it! Mr. Green

And I Just noticed Microvision sitting on the table to the left of the Dark Tower behind the white box. I probably got another cartridge or two for it (I got the console in 1979)... So it's a handheld picture after all...

There has to be more as I got several other handhelds over the years, just haven't been able to find them yet... Every time I visit the parents I spend several hours going through pictures. Rolling Eyes

Rik
elepla
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: