The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best sound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Best sound? Reply with quote

Following on from my gameplay thread, it seems only logical (captain) to ask which games have the best sound.

I'll actually have to refresh my memory as I haven't played most of my games for some time, and then mostly only to check that they were working. For now my vote goes to Entex Galaxian 2 - love that opening sting! Casio Beam War has some great modulated noise effects - by the time you've docked the three ships that's one mighty big laser you're wielding (thinly-veiled innuendo intentional Wink). Namco Final Lap plays a polyphonic theme tune - pretty groovy for 1987!

As for others I could mention, well Entex Stargate is certainly LOUD, if nothing else. The Coleco cabinet-style machines are also loud but rather annoying, IMO. There's a little Tronica pinball that has some great effects and is actually louder than Stargate, if that's possible.

The award for worst sound would have to be shared amongst a horde of those little LCD games made by Halion, Masudaya, Nintendo et al. The Bambinos are also pretty bad, in line with the gameplay, though at least they look fantastic as display pieces.

So, which games should I be checking out for a dose of sub-SID goodness?
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Pomcard 5 music. It suprised by playing Ketucky Derby/Churchill downs type music. I don't know the name of it, but was a very popular horse racing song.

Linda
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying my Entex Stargate today and i tought, this has to be one of the best sounding game of all, pretty loud too. What do you think ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: