The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Walking with dinosaurs - A history of Entex Electronics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
number6
Microvision

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Walking with dinosaurs - A history of Entex Electronics Reply with quote

I am a huge fan of Entex games and I thought I would share with my fellow classic handheld collectors this amazing video Mike Rounds, former VP of engineering and new product development at Entex, made about the history of Entex. Here is the link to order the video from Mike:

http://www.mikerounds.com/Entex.htm

I think most forum members here will be interested in this video especially if they are interested in Entex games.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a pretty good presentation (and most of the images he used in his presentation were from my website! Hehe... ). You will probably hear me asking him a couple of questions as well, if the whole presentation is on the disc. (I asked him were the name 'Entex' came from- he couldn't recall exactly (and was afraid someone would ask. Smile ), and he mentioned that someone named Hanzawa used to do work for Entex, I asked if that was the same Hanzawa from the company that made all those Actronics games- He said it probably was...)

I had an MP3 of the presentation somewhere, hopefully I can still find it... There was a lot of detailed info about a majority of the Entex games that I've been meaning to put on the website (Gakken designed a lot of their early games), not to mention the fun stories about the lawsuits over Space Invaders and Pac Man 2... Mr. Green

Rik
number6
Microvision

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons he used images from your site is because he asked me if I had pictures of my games when he was preparing for that presentation and I pointed him to your site. I had contacted him a while back (before his CGE presentation) and did a phone interview with him when I was thinking about doing an article for www.armchairarcade.com . My life got way too busy and I had to scrap that article, though I may do something in the future if I can get more information that is.

The presentation is very informative and you do hear people in the background asking/answering questions. I do not remember hearing him talking about the Entex name, though he gives a brief history and talks about the Entex logo. The video is about 50 minutes in length and there are noticeable edits so I am guessing your mp3 may be a little more complete.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why won't it work any more? I want to see it.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a link to a DVD you had to buy... Looks like he removed most of his site and forwarded it to another of his corporate sites (roundsmiller.com). I don't see the Walking With Dinosaurs vid available anymore. Anyone here buy it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: