The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Handheld Museum collection (and posting your own images)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Handheld Museum collection (and posting your own images) Reply with quote

See following posts for more images!

Post images of your rare games or entire collections here! (Try to keep the width of your images 800 pixels or less if they are visible directly in the forum posts.) You need to host your images on a webserver (don't try to post links directly to images on your own computer). If you need somewhere to post your images, try ImageShack: http://www.imageshack.us It's free, and there's no registration required (but it is optional). If that's not for you, I can host your images on the Museum website if you want, just send me a PM. Here's an example of ImageShack with an image of my collection:

To get an image to appear like the one above, use the second link on ImageShack (on the page that appears after you upload an image, should be called: Thumbnail for forums (1) ). This is a clickable thumbnail that will load the full-size image in a new browser window (click on the little image above, and you will see what I mean).

If you want to post a direct link to an image in your message, look toward the bottom of the ImageShack page (the one that appears after you upload an image) and look for a category called Direct Image Link. Use the URL listed there, but put it inside the BBCode image tags (which are [IMG] and [/IMG]). So, if ImageShack says your Direct Image Link is this:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9713/rik1ag9.jpg

Just typing [IMG] before the 'http' and [/IMG] after the letters 'jpg' will result in the image being displayed directly in the message body, like this:

This is an image of the portion of my collection currently on display in my room (most of the rest of the collection is in storage...)

Last edited by Rik on Sat May 12, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more images of the rest of the display in my room:

And a few on the top shelf next to my Vectrex:
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: CGE 2004 images Reply with quote

Here's a couple of pictures of the HUGE table display I had set up at Classic Gaming Expo 2004. (I decided to use the thumbnail links instead of direct images becuase they have a width of 1500 pixels... Mr. Green Click on them to see the full image (it'll open another browser window)) I'm guessing this about 1/5th of my collection...

I have a series of close-up shots of this whole table I could post as well if anyone wants to see those...

Rik

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG you make me want to cry... Crying or Very sad How I long for my youth. Unbelievable collection man.

Scott
Peter Pie
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik, thats twice this month you have outbid me on ebay. I suppose that means I can afford a pot of Jam with my loaf of bread this week. Wink Wink Is Tandy Fire Away a rare game?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I set up my bids and usually don't even notice who I outbid... Smile That particular version of Fire Away seems kind of rare. I think there's another loose one on Ebay right now though.

I still need all the U.S. version of Fire Away boxed, for some reason these are surprisingly difficult to find, especially considering every Radio Shack in the country had tons of them (and there's RS stores all over the place...)

Rik
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is another loose Fire Away on Ebay and I'm winning it !!! So please be kind and find your own Wink . You wouldn't like it anyway...No Battery Cover!!!
Neil.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Rik, you sure got that boxed Frisky Tom too cheap! (Thanks to the seller calling it "Bandal"!) Gotta add that variation to my searches! Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8719827756
Peter Pie
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is all yours Neil. Crying or Very sad

Peter Pie

Last edited by Peter Pie on Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I got lucky on that one (I was kind of shocked that's all it sold for, and then noticed the Bandal and figured that might have helped... Smile ) Trade ya for the Black Knight! Mr. Green
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for rik do you have the light pen and 3d-imager for the vectrex pretty rare to have these items for vectrex. thanks,
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have a complete, boxed collection of everything released in the US. I also have the carrying case, dust cover, the store display and I'm currently in possession of the prototype color Vectrex and the first Vectrex ever built (by hand!). (But these are technically still the property of Jay Smith, inventor of the machine.)

Here's my Vectrex page, such as it is...:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ejmorg/vectrex.html

There's also a lot of new stuff being made for the Vec, including new games and a newly designed 3D Imager for only about $65. www.vectrexnews.com has a lot of info on all of this.

We will never let this macine die! Twisted Evil
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice vectrex collection rik . I saw a vectrex 3d-imager in box on ebay selling for 316.00!!! must be pretty rare like all vectrex items.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap Rik. Nice collection. I envy you so much. It brings tears to my eye's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: