The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
foreign microvision and american microvision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: foreign microvision and american microvision Reply with quote

Ive noticed when I searhed on google That every foreign microvision has a perfect screen does this mean they have a better screen then our american one?Thanks,
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I've seen many foreign ones with bad screens (I even have a couple)...

I think the bad screen thing is excelerated (or maybe caused by) heat and humidity. A lot of people in the US store their old stuff in non-climate-controlled attics, and a good portion of this country gets really hot and humid in the summer (and attics even more so, I've pulled things out of my attic where the item inside has literally sunk into the styrofoam packing material becuase it almost turns into a liquid state... Linda might know what I'm talking about (Dad's place is in Houston))... That's why I think they 'rot'. I've had 3 Microvisions since 1979 when they came out, and I kept them in my room all that time (air conditioned), they all work perfectly.

What's the summer like in the U.K.? Do you guys get 90-100 + degree weather? Mr. Green Seems like Canada and the U.K. are cooler climates in general...

Just a random theory.
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The microvision I have has some screen rot but was from the origanal owner and when I asked him on ebay he said "whats screen rot" and I told him what it was and he never replied. my microvision is the one 9-volt battrie version and the box is the one for the first version that uses two 9-volts. Do you think they had boxes leftover?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't surprise me if they did... I think I have one where the instructions say to use two batteries, but the game only has terminals for one, so they were probably mix-and-matching for a while there...

But it could also be people switching things around themselves. I've bought emtpy Microvision boxes off Ebay a couple of times to put my loose games in, so it definitely happens...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: