The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What the hell is it????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ailment Adi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: What the hell is it???? Reply with quote

Hi guys!
I'm newly registered and haven't done much research due to the other aspects of my collecting hobby so any information would be greatly appreciated. In my small collection of vintage computer-type stuff I have a long-ish plug-in TV game. It's black and is built for two players to use when sat side by side, having a thumb roller at each end. It has nothing printed on the case so I have no idea who made it or its name, got it off a friend at Sainsbury's when I worked there in the 90's. I vaguely remember trying it and am sure it was a Pong! type affair, I can't be entirely sure as it resides in my parents attic many miles away at present! Even if you're not sure exactly what it is, any information on this genre of machine would be appreciated too. Many thanks. Very Happy
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's NOT Pong?

http://www.pong-story.com/atpong2.htm

Sounds a lot like Atari's own Pong TV game...
Ailment Adi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.
Thanks for the reply but after looking at the link I can say with certainty that it isn't any of those! Like I said, it's a long, black and slim unit that must have been designed for use by two players either sitting across from one another or side by side in close proximity to a TV. I can't remember it even having any buttons but it surely must have. The rollers were built-in and situated one at either end of the unit's side! I'd never seen one before but my wife recalls that her Dad had one too but that it definitely, 100% didn't play Pong! She also thinks the one she remembers had blue buttons on it somewhere but mine doesn't!! I'll dig it out when I visit some time this year to try and shed some light on it if nobody can tell me what it is. Thanks again for trying to solve this mystery.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhhhh, is it one of those Nintendo Color TV games? Or the ever popular Coleco game?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'll have to see if anyone else I know has an idea... Post a picture when you get to it if you can...

Rik
Ailment Adi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Nintendo or Coleco... not sure about that, wouldn't they be marked on the unit somewhere rather than it being blank? Well, I'm no expert and you guys know your stuff so I'm not going to dismiss any ideas. I'll give my brother a ring and see if he can dig around in my parents attic, find the unit, take some pictures and send them to me to post. I'm sure it'll turn out to be a well-known make when all said and done! Thanks guys, this has been bugging me for years, hope to get it cleared up soon. Very Happy
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Wikipedia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: