The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A couple of questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: A couple of questions Reply with quote

I have a couple of quick questions. I have three of the Bandai longish styled 'FL' games (Frisky Tom, Packri Monster, and Mole Patrol). I know there is also one called Changeman. Does anyone else know if there are any others in the series. I like these a lot. I've looked bu the Bandai section of the museum is ... large Smile

Also, I've picked up an Epoch Man LCD (had one back in the day). I like this style of LCD game, are there any others in the series?

Thanks!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that's it (4 different games). There's lots of name variations of them, but 4 different games total.

Epoch games... You mean the shape, right? There's two sizes of games in almost that same design. Go to the Epoch pages and look at:

Epoch Man
FukuChan
Gorgon
Iga No Kabamaru
Jungle Hero
MiniArcade (Pac Man again)
Monster Panic
Oil Gang
Pak Pak Man (Pac Man)
Pak Pak Man II
Pengoro
Pocket EMan
Space Panic

Grandstand also released:
Crazy Kong
Scramble (Pocket)
Swords N Serpents
Tarzan

That should get you started. Smile
Also, look at Epoch Astro Wars (LCD)
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Epoch/AstroWars.htm
This is slightly different body style that still seems kind of related... There's several games like this too...

Rik
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That answered everything. Space Panic in particular looks interesting. Is it hard to get ahold of?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends, do you want to spend $40 on it? Cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110085899554

It's not extremely common, but I'm not really sure it's worth that much unless it was boxed... But that might just be me...
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Yeah, I think that's it (4 different games). There's lots of name variations of them, but 4 different games total.

Rik

What about http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/SH.htm ?

It's not Bandai but it uses the same case (in black). I keep it next to my other 3 Bandai, (still looking for a Mole Patrol).

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I had kind of forgotten about that one... I might have to open it up and see if it's a licensed game (I know Bandai made at least the Burgertime LCD for Mattel, so their might have been others..)

Is it exactly the same size?

Rik
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is exactly the same size as Packri Monster. They both have the same case design which is slightly different to Changeman and Frisky Tom. Changeman and Frisky Tom's cases are slightly smaller in all 3 dimensions. Looking at the picture of Mole Patrol on the Museum, it is of the slightly larger case design.

Yes I know my Changeman is rather rough (you should see the battery compartment...and it dosen't have the door) but it works fine and it's the best I've ever found that I could afford Rolling Eyes .

Neil.
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I was just looking at one of those on ebay. I just got Mole Patrol in the mail (that poor, hammered one on ebay), and it is indeed the same case design as Packri Monster. It is currently undergoing renovation (and looks fantastic with a new coat of paint). FYI, the black writing on the unit shows up as slightly raised under the first coat of paint, so I may be able to skip making new decals and go with a bit of dry-brushed black. The silver I found is almost identical to the coat on my mint Frisky Tom, which is pretty cool.

Now, I want to get all of these Bandai games, as they are all fun so far. How much can I expect to pay for Changeman? Anyone have a spare?
I was also looking at that Space panic you posted on ebay, Neil. Oh, and is Space Panic any fun? I generally only buy LCD games that are fun to play, as I don't think I'm going to collect them outside the odd epoch/bandai/nintendo one I happen to like. It looked rather complex. Anyone ever play theirs?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: