The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Member here and a big shout out to everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: New Member here and a big shout out to everyone! Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for some time and I recently decided to join the forum.
A little bit about me, my name is Robert and I am 39 years old. I reside in East Haven Connecticut and like many here, I loved my handheld games as a child and would like to start recollecting them as an adult. I've been a toy collector for many many years and I own and run a website called Megocentral.com. Mego produced action figures during the 70's and along with handheld games, are my very favorite toys. I have a room solely to display my collection. I have around 10 games from my childhood, mostly the classic stuff, Coleco Football, Basketball, Hockey, Battlestar Galactica ( my all time favorite ) along with some others. I just picked up a tabletop Frogger, vintage Galaxian and a Long Beach Grand Prix game, mint in box! I'm really excited about this one!
Anyhoo, just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am really enjoying reading all the posts. You guys rock!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! It's always great to have new collectors join the forums!

Also, don't forget that your two hobbies cross a little: Mego made handheld games as well:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mego/index.html

Again, welcome.

Rik
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rik, thanks for taking the time to welcome me. I run a message board over at Megocentral and I cant tell you how cool it is when someone takes the time to say something nice. That what the hobby is all about, to me anyway, which is to share your experiences with other like minded collectors.
I've been a comicbook collector since I was 11 and I started to recollect tyos when I was around 27 or so. Dibbed and dabbed throughout high school and college but I didnt get serious untill around 11 years ago. I'm looking forward to hanging with you guys.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Roback.
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: