The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is Kenner's RedLine just as much fun as Kenners Grand Prix?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Is Kenner's RedLine just as much fun as Kenners Grand Prix? Reply with quote

If it is then I am defintely getting it! Ever since I got my Grand Prix I've been playing it every day. I am still on Level 1 and I managed to get my score down to 35 seconds for one lap. That's down from 60 seconds from last week. Shaving just one second off at the 35 second mark is quite the accomplishment. I had no idea that so much skill is involved in mastering this game. I can only imagine how good you'd have to be to master Level 3. The car simply accelerates way too fast on this level. Oh well, time to practice. Wink
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice time Robak. I've just checked my Black Book and found I did one lap on level 1 in 35 seconds too Smile . To give you something to aim at, my best on level 2 is 37 secs and level 3 in 38 secs. I plan to record times for races up to 9 laps long for each level when I get time (or the right insentive Wink) .

Kenner Redline racing is my most wanted game!

Neil.
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can call me Robert Neil. I simply combined my first and last name to come up with Roback. I appreciate the kudos on my high score. It wasnt easy.
I feel that I can shave a second or two off it with some more practice. I am very much interested in hearing about your future high scores. I am itching to snag a Red Line too. Hopefully one comes along that's affordable.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the only way the game scores? We should add it to the High Scores list...
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been surprised at how much fun a couple of the old LED games are as well. I picked up and Entex Space Invader (the first LED one), and was surprised that it was as fun as it was.

I think I may branch out and pick up a few more of the LED games just to play. Besides the racing ones you guys are talking about, what are some other good ones?
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the LED department, most of the games are sport, and very good games... but if you want something else than sports you have Bank Shot that is a really cool game (pool game), Wildfire pinball that is also pretty much fun. Mattel Sub Chase and Armor Battle are good too.
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added it to the High Scores forum. Let's see if anyone can break the 35 second mark for one lap in Level one!
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To address your original question, I have played both, and I have played Redline 100 times more than I have Grand Prix. But, that may be because I never really gave GP much effort. I always did think it was underrated...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: