The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After playing the arcase version, do handhelds dissappoint?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: After playing the arcase version, do handhelds dissappoint? Reply with quote

Although just the idea of having a portable Dig Dug rocks my world I was wondering if any of you guys have ever felt dissapointed with a handheld after you played the arcade version?
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I have Battlezone and Mr. Do! in my kitchen, and a friend of mine has an entire garage full of arcade games. I play Donkey Kong over there all the time, yet i still really like the Coleco tabletop. They are different enough to be interesting.

Never bothered me back in the day either. A guy down the street had like fifteen tabletops, and I played them whenever I could

A good game is a good game, regardless of format.
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your wife is anything like mine she must looove having Battlezone in her kitchen almost as much as my having mego's in every damned room. Goota love it! Very Happy
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like the Battlezone a lot, but I haven't quite been lucky enough to find a wife.

I bid on a few on ebay, but I keep getting outbid Laughing Mr. Green
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thag wrote:
I bid on a few on ebay, but I keep getting outbid Laughing Mr. Green

Hmm, not by me, unfortunately... Cool

One thing I can say about Dig Dug though is that it's a REALLY good representation of the arcade game. You'd even recognize the music instantly. Oddly, the premise on the handheld is that you have a flame thrower and you are burning the bad guys instead of pumping them up, but it plays almost exactly the same. I was actually very impressed with it... It's worth the money if you really like Dig Dug...

(Okay, so there's another review... I guess I have to get that section put together... Rolling Eyes )
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Okay, so there's another review... I guess I have to get that section put together... Rolling Eyes )

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get lots of help from the rest of us craz... err, collectors.

Coleco Frogger is another one that I like a lot. In fact, I prefer it to the stand up version Talk about a perfect port! Great graphics, all the game play is there, and it's very challenging. Good stuff.
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're rigth about Frogger Lord Thag, especially since the arcade version graphics were pretty basic. I enjoy playing my Ms Pac Man as much as the arcade version. Galaxian is not the same but pretty close. Galaxy 2 makes me think of a mix between Moon Cresta and Galaxian, wich makes it pretty cool.

As for Donkey Kong i've never been good with that arcade game and it's the same thing with the handheld so i guess they pretty much close also.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pac Man handhelds always bother me in how different they are.
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's really what got me into electronic games.. trying to find a small version of Space Invaders! (of course I'm talking like 1979 here..). Anyway, I'll admit they all somewhat dissapointed me since in my 12 year old mind, I was seeing a miniature version of the actual Space Invaders screen. And what I got was at first an electromechanical version of the game (which sucked). And then of course later on the electronic ones like Bandai Missile Invader came out (which sucked as well since it had like 1 friggin invader! Laughing ). Once Entex Space Invader came out, to me that was fine enough. You could do counting shots, and other things.. so I guess I was content at that point.
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the Entex space invader games, particularly the second one. Being able to count your shots and time them to hit the mothership is very cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: