The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Epoch's Dracula

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Epoch's Dracula Reply with quote

I just got this in the mail. I know Roback was asking about it, so I figured I'd post some thoughts.

I really like the looks of the thing. I have the American one, and the blood-red case looks great, as does the big magnified screen. I know a lot of people prefer the Japanese one for the box art, but the red case just fits the game so much better (dorky 'dracula' guy on the box nonwithstanding). It's also very 'large and in charge'. All in all, a very impressive looking unit.

The game itself is very challenging, but also just as fun as I was hoping. Killing Dracula is pretty difficult, and with four stages of difficulty to choose from, I don't see this one getting set aside for too long. I like that the maze moves around, making it very difficult to navigate, and I also like that you have a split second to move away from a monster when it touches you, a feature that could be incorporated in more VFD games. The random nature of the maze and Dracula's coffin make it different to play each time.

Hope that helps, Roback. Does anyone else here like this game?
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess i'll have get it out, think i only tried it to see if it worked. Your description makes me wanna play it Cool I'l give you my thougts about it !
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the description Thag, thanks for taking the time to share. Let me ask you a few questions while we're on the subject. First off, how are the graphics on the screen itself? What does Dracula look like? What about the Monsters? Are they simply dots or does it resemble Dracula in some way?
Can I ask how much you paid? I saw one for around $60.00 online last week. About right?
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, let's see. The game uses one of those magnifier lenses, which works quite well in this case. The screen is large and very visible. The wolfman looks like a wolfman, with an animated claw. The ghosts and bats look like you would expect, and are rather detailed. The game is very well done graphically. Dracula looks like one of the ghosts, but he flashes. The maze is fairly detailed, as are the coffins and crosses. All in all, it's a very artistically done game. I'd rate it as on par with the Coleco games graphically. Certainly, it's one of the prettiest of my VFD games (both graphics and case design).

I paid $60 for mine, so that seems fair. I could have probably bid on one and got it ten to fifteen less, but the one I got was loose, and it was in prsitine condition (I believe from Taki's collection).

Very highly recommended folks. Anyone who has one should drag it out and give it a go. There are eight levels to play through, and four difficulty levels to select, so it's got some legs as well.
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So LT, how goes it? Are you still playing it alot? If your answer is yes all these days later then my hunt begins. Surprised
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's still very fun. The harder levels pose quite the challenge. I haven't been playing the handhelds as much the past couple of weeks due to work, and two 360 games called Fight Night and Crackdown.

Dracula is well worth your time. Looks cool as hell on the shelf too.
elepla
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one should go for maybe less than $60, and it's boxed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110096996437

Not sure if the seller will ship to the US.
Send this as question: "Est-il possible de vendre/envoyer aux etat-unis?"

Good luck
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your french is pretty good elepla !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: