The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Electroplay - Pass Me

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antiriad2097
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Electroplay - Pass Me Reply with quote

Not quite missing, as it has a basic entry:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Misc/ElectroplayPassMe.htm

After many years of thinking this had been binned, my parents were clearing their loft and found it:

To update the existing record's blanks:
The box states UK & Foreign Patents Pending Industrial Copyright 1981. I'd assume that's also the manufacture/distribution year.
Electroplay is an English company, the box states 'Made in England'. Elctroplay were located at: Electroplay Ltd, 93 High St, Esher, Surrey.
'Model 3000' is stated on the box.

All output from the game is spoken, you can't see it in my pic above but there's a grill around the base of the orange handle that holds the speaker.

There are several modes of play, some single player, some multi player. These are:

Pass Me, for 1 or more players.
Grab each handle in the correct numeric order. Numbers have been scrambled so they do not match the labels. Get it wrong, and you pass to the next player (or try again in solo play).

Collect Six, for 1 player.
The game will call a random string of numbers. You must grab each handle, in order, from 1 to 6, grabbing each handle only once (i.e. skip any duplicate numbers called). Get it wrong, you start at 1 again, when you get it right you'll be told how many tries it took.

Code Breaker, for 1 or more players.
Guess the random 6 digit code by grabbing the handles. Each correct guess will speak its value. If you get a number in the sequence wrong, you must enter them from the beginning again. There are 3 variations, with and without scrambled numbers in the handles.

Simon Says, for 1 or more players.
Just like the traditional Simon game, but with spoken number values. Also has variations that let players skip turns, random requests for backwards code entry, or both at once.

Electronic Cube, for 1 player only.
The numbers in the handles have been scrambled, you must move them to the correctly labelled handles. This is done by specifying a source and destination handle to swap between. You can onle swap to an adjacent handle, so to move a number to its opposite handle requires two moves.

Odds & Evens, for 1 player only (a favourite of mine).
Same objective as Electronic Cube, but odd numbers can only be transferred to adjacent handles and even numbers can only be transferred to opposite handles.

Electronic Dice, for all popular games...
Grab any handle and Pass Me will speak a random number from 1 to 6, replacing traditional dice.

I'll sort out some better pics later and if I can find a mic, I'll record some audio for you. This thing is loud!

Curiously, the UK bought Earth Invaders also shown in the top pic is labelled as a Gakken machine, yet the museum entry states these were licensed to CGL here, so mine appears to be different from the one you have here:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/CGL/EarthInvaders.htm
It does say Gakken also distributed them, but with a different name - mine retains the Earth Invaders title.
Antiriad2097
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More detailed shots of Pass Me as promised. The image host will scale these down - the original shots are available at 2048x1536 should anyone want copies. Sorry, but the box shots and manual are photos rather than scans as my scanner is out of action and I'm not at work this week to use theirs.

System shots...

A couple of overview shots from each side:

A shot from each end to show the detail of the numbers on each handle and so you can work out positioning of the labels and speaker grille etc:

You can see the battery compartment hidden under number 1 here. Sticky label inside shows battery type and orientation:

You can see the batteries go right through the centre of the system here, with the spring loaded cap to hold them tight:

Close up of the Pass Me logo on one side:

Close up of the on game instructions and power 'switch':

Box shots...

Overview:

Top:

Back, describing the game. This also details the model no and date:

Two of the three identical sides. Two shots as one has a tear and the other two have tape wrapping up from the bottom:

Instruction manual, desribing how to select games, skill levels and game rules etc:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: