The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bandai FL-Zaxxon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Bandai FL-Zaxxon Reply with quote

I have a few fav VFD games, but one of my fav VFD games is Zaxxon by Bandai,
I just love its 3d graphic's, although its sound and case design is not the best.
if you don't already own one and you collect VFD games then I just wanted to say - you better get your hands on one...if you can.

(also if anyone has one for-sale let me know)
FinEngineer
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bandai FL-Zaxxon Reply with quote

VFD wrote:
I just love its 3d graphic's, although its sound and case design is not the best.
if you don't already own one and you collect VFD games then I just wanted to say - you better get your hands on one...if you can.

agree totally this game is really cool. I have fond memories of playing the classic PC port on my old IBM PC-XT clone, with Hercules Graphics card and green monochrome monitor!!!

Prefer this Bandai over the Coleco version any time of the day. Got one for trade if you are interested.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too afraid to play it! all I did when i bought mine was to check that it was working proprly!Now it rests peacefully in its box. Embarassed

Alex
VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bandai FL-Zaxxon Reply with quote

FinEngineer wrote:
VFD wrote:

agree totally this game is really cool. I have fond memories of playing the classic PC port on my old IBM PC-XT clone, with Hercules Graphics card and green monochrome monitor!!!

Prefer this Bandai over the Coleco version any time of the day. Got one for trade if you are interested.

how much do you want for it? can you email me? georgel@ tbd.co.nz
VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanatron wrote:
I'm too afraid to play it! all I did when i bought mine was to check that it was working proprly!Now it rests peacefully in its box. Embarassed

Alex

thats why you need two!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have my nice boxed one, and a cruddy used one to play with... Mr. Green I think it only works on AC power... But it works. That's the nice thing about a 'play' game- you can buy a cheap ugly one just as long as it works...

Rik
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get that one a few times, looks pretty cool, everytime it was coming from Australia, seems to be pretty popular out there.
VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Yeah, I have my nice boxed one, and a cruddy used one to play with... Mr. Green I think it only works on AC power... But it works. That's the nice thing about a 'play' game- you can buy a cheap ugly one just as long as it works...

Rik

a boxed one? they are really hard to find, your lucky!
Ive got 2, but not boxed! one of them is almost perfect the other is not so good condition but works fine.
I'd buy a boxed one if I could find one
FinEngineer
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFD wrote:
Rik wrote:

Rik

Ive got 2, but not boxed! one of them is almost perfect the other is not so good condition but works fine.

yep the one I have for trade/sale is also boxed Very Happy The box was a bit torn, but I fixed it with clear tape from the inside, so it looks really nice. I will email the details.
VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinEngineer wrote:
VFD wrote:
Rik wrote:

Rik

yep the one I have for trade/sale is also boxed Very Happy The box was a bit torn, but I fixed it with clear tape from the inside, so it looks really nice. I will email the details.

please do! thanks
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second!I'm in!I have the Coleco Zaxxon not the BANDAI version which seems more fun.

Alex
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Coleco one looks the coolest, but you can actually play the Bandai one... Mr. Green Mr. Green

I don't think I've played the Coleco one for more than a few minutes... It just annoys me.

Rik
VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Yeah, the Coleco one looks the coolest, but you can actually play the Bandai one... Mr. Green Mr. Green

I don't think I've played the Coleco one for more than a few minutes... It just annoys me.

Rik

the coleco version is amazing looking though,
a few times I managed to have a really good game on it, but usually I can only play it for a few minutes too.
I also really like the bandai LCD Zaxxon, I think its one of the best LCD games as far as graphics go.
FinEngineer
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VFD wrote:
Rik wrote:

Rik

a few times I managed to have a really good game on it, but usually I can only play it for a few minutes too.
I also really like the bandai LCD Zaxxon, I think its one of the best LCD games as far as graphics go.

speaking of Bandai LCD version of Zaxxon, its gameplay is reminiscent of that of Akklaim's 1943, which happens to be one of my favourite LCD games.

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Acclaim/1943.htm

VFD
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinEngineer wrote:
VFD wrote:
Rik wrote:

Rik

speaking of Bandai LCD version of Zaxxon, its gameplay is reminiscent of that of Akklaim's 1943, which happens to be one of my favourite LCD games.

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Acclaim/1943.htm

Ive never played it (or seen one), does it also have a double layer LCD display?
speaking of which, i think the Bandai LCD Zaxxon would have been slightly better if the two layers were slightly more distanced from each other to give it more of a 3d effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: