The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Neat story from work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Neat story from work Reply with quote

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I posted here. Crazy life and all of that.

I recently moved offices at work, and found myself with a nice big area with a lot of empty shelves. After staring at them for a couple of weeks, I decided on a whim to bring a few of my VFD tabletops to put on the shelf.

At first, everyone was like 'what the hell are those things?' After I showed them, a few people started to play them. The really interesting thing is that they really like them, especially Ms Pac and q-bert. None of the people I work with were old enough to have these as a kid, yet most of my staff like them, and play them fairly frequently.

Guess it just goes to show you that fun is fun, even if it's really old fun with ear piercing audio Wink
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like my office. Mr. Green Mr. Green

I have all the Coleco arcade games and Q*Bert sitting on my shelves fully loaded with batteries. I always get comments on them. I have had several clients come in to the office that will just freak out when they see them after remembering having (or wanting) them as a kid. It's fun to show off our hobby. (But there are times when I think I want to install sound switches on them. Cool )

I also have most of the common Mattel sports games sitting around. It's always lots of fun.

Rik
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever worry about them being stolen?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, fortunately I can trust the people I work with... (I'm building an R2-D2 here at the office as well... Cool ). But, they are also my 'spare' games. I have a set of Coleco games and a few others that I use just for the purpose of playing (my nice boxed ones are safe at home). I even display these at shows like Classic Gaming Expo (if anyone went and saw the handhelds on the tables where the TVs were, those are the ones I'm talking about). For the most part, they were just left sitting by themselves on a table during the show... If they get stolen or broken, I'll just replace them. (None of them are particularly valuable.)

I wouldn't do it with an Adventure Vision or anything like that...

Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: