The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Re: Look familiar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UFCrock
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Look familiar? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if I could enlist the help of you experts and see if anyone might recognize this "dressed up" console.

http://home.comcast.net/~ufcrock1/alien_game.JPG

It appeared to be a late circa-70s handheld possibly, but after pretty extensive search thru the site I am not so sure.

BACKGROUND: Above picture used as a 'background prop' in the sci-fi classic 'ALIEN' by Ridley Scott, which was filmed at Shepperton studios in the UK in the late 1970s.

Reason I thought it may be a hand-held is 1)size 2)obvious markings like "Score" "Player" "Game no." ect. and 3) the directional "up and down" buttons on the right side.

The upper left looks to be an added calculator keypad (not orig.) and the large LED readout is probably secondarily added (e.g. Red zeroes and ones).

Thanks for anything you guys can think of...

Best,
Keith Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: