The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Console Games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Kaotic
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Console Games? Reply with quote

Anyone here also collect console games?

I'm down to just over 200 games, but at one point I was over the 750.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have amassed something like 300 Atari 2600 cart titles, mainly by finding them "in the wild" so they're all loose. It's the only system I make an effort to find games for that I don't have, but I also accumulate NES and Genesis carts when they're really cheap for eventual disposal on eBay! Smile (And I know not to bother with Genesis sports titles!)

My best 2600 find was Swordquest Waterworld for $3, worth around $100, just this summer.
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I can't compete with some of the hardcore collectors but I love my Atari 2600, Colecovison, NES and SNES. I have about 400 different games for the 2600, 132 of which are complete in the box and I have the instruction manuals for about 80% of my loose carts. I have 40 Colecovision carts, 12 of which are complete in the box, about 45 carts for the NES and another 27 for the SNES.

I especially like to collect the baseball games. I marvel at the quantum difference between Atari's Home Run and the Ken Griffey titles for the SNES, for example.

But I think I am just too old to be able to comprehend the graphics and game play on the newest titles for PS2 and Xbox. I like my games to be relatively simple.

My votes for best Atari 2600 game: Yar's Revenge, Circus Atari, River Raid
My votes for best Colecovision game: Mr. Do!, Donkey Kong, Jr., Smurf
My votes for best NES Game: Double Dragon, Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punchout
My votes for best SNES Game: Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario Bros.: Yoshi's Island
My vote for best baseball cart on any system ever: RBI Baseball for the NES.

-phitter

Last edited by phitter on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:01 am; edited 3 times in total
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only console i have is the Vectrex, and yes i do collect the games, they didn't make a lot of them, but some programmers have decided to make more games for that console after they stopped the production. Even today there are new games in the making. I try to get as many things about it that i can !

And it also started at the same time that i decided to collect handhelds, so i still have many games and accessories to get for Vectrex.
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many consoles: intellivision,nes,snes,n64,gamecube,virtualboy,ps2. my handheld systems are:1989 gameboy,gameboypocket, 3 gameboy colors, gameboy advance, two gameboy advance sp's, 2 nintendo ds,gameboy micro,psp. I also have many asserires: R.O.B. with gyromite parts(looking for stack-up and parts), 2 zapper guns, nes advantage,nes four score, nes satelite, nes powerpad and bandai version, super scope for snes, and gameboy printer. I will put up pictures of my collection in the bragers forum when I have time.
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.. I pretty much have most every major U.S. console release. And like handhelds, I don't collect for them, rather I just buy games for them in their time, and then never get rid of them. And then whatever I have becomes my "collection" Smile
Sensato Kuro
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been collecting console games for a couple of years now. My collection is finally starting to look like one. It's safe to say I'm much more into console games than hanhelds. I play everything form Atari 2600 to next/current gen stuff. I'm mostly after 2D though, shoot'em ups and fighting games are my all-time fav. Puzzle and FPS I enjoy too. My interest in handheld is actualy on the rise but I still don't consider myself a collector.
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do too, I also noticed this is the 1st non locked post on the off topic chit chat...
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah. My main thing is collecting consoles, actually. The handheld thing is kind of a sideline Smile

I have about 550 Atari 2600 games, and near complete sets of Odyssey 2, Atari 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Arcadia, Astrocade.... you get the idea. My gameroom is pretty stocked.

I also have a Battlezone and a Mr Do! arcade cab.
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a Battlezone Shocked . What a great game. I remember when they first came out. I was a bit too short to look through the scope so my father had to lift me up to play it! I don't think I would have survived for long so I didn't strain his back too much Wink

Neil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: