The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Milestones...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEDFreak
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Milestones... Reply with quote

Rik,
Would it be possible to have a sub-section under the Brag folder about milestones. It'd be neat to hear ( and post ) about when people have collected their hundredth game, completed all of the Entex series, first over seas ebay transactions, etc.
Just an idea.

Also, have you given anymore thought to review sections that people can post for the games?
I realize that it would be a tonne of work, but it'd be neat if it could happen.
Cheers
Peter
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea LEDFreak, personaly, it would take me a while to get 2 my 100 game, or collect all the Entex games Rolling Eyes , but a very good idea...
LEDFreak
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad. I was ignored. Oops, forgot the smiley!

Wink
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, not ignored, just forgotten about! Embarassed

I just needed a prod in the right direction... I've created a Milestones section, and moved your post there.

As for reviews, should I create a 'Game Review' section that people can post to? I was thinking I could do that, and we could start a new thread for every game. Like, there'd be a 'Coleco Pac-Man' thread and people could write a review or something specific to that game...

Or were you thinking of something a bit more organized? Rolling Eyes

I might be able to start a game-grading category using the Poll feature of the forum software. Like- Coleco Pac-Man is
Awesome
Great
Pretty good
So-so
Horrible

And everyone can just click what they think and then we can see how the games rank. (I would base it just on generally playability in that case. How much do you like actually playing it...)

What do you guys think?

Rik
LEDFreak
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the man, Rik.
Hey, it's your site. However you think would be good and not cost you tonnes of extra time.
I belong to boardgamegeek.com ( what a name, eh? )
All of the games have a listing. From that listing, you can click to add it to your personal collection. This is a great way to see your collection grow, as well as provide a list for insurance purposes once one's boardgame collection is several hundred in number.
Also, each game has numerous tabs for reviews, sessions, rules questions, etc. Members can leave a review that is essentially tacked onto that game. So when curious people want to find out more about the game, they can do all sorts of stats like users owning, users wanting, numerical ratings, etc., as well as the forum section for each game entry that has things like general reviews, sessions, rules questions, etc.

It would be really neat if, on your cool black screen which lists the games of certain companies, when he or she clicks on the game, a member can read all the cool info you have already posted about the game, and possibly click a "own" tab to add it to their personal collection. Perhaps there could then be a review tab, to leave a written review for it, or a general comments tab that collectors can leave for the game.

This might be a great deal of work, and probably is. You may want to ask other members of this site if they think it would be worthwhile. I think it would be fun to do reviews and contribute this way.
Thanks for considering.
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEDFreak wrote:

I read such thing many times, and I think so, this is why I made www.handheldempire.com Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: