The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nelsonic Zelda Watch Manual in PDF form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FTen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Nelsonic Zelda Watch Manual in PDF form Reply with quote

I got this watch the other day and made the manual into a pretty searchable PDF. I cleaned up some of the grammar a slight bit (read that as in the sentence was missing a "the" etc), but that’s about it. My donation to the community. Very Happy

www.fathertom.net/ft/zeldawatch.pdf

I can do this with any type of scanned image, if anyone has any handheld manuals they would like in searchable PDF form.

-FTen
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just have to re-type all the text by hand, or did you use some kind of OCR to do that? I've thought about doing that on some of my manual creations more to clean up the text than for searchability (most of the manuals are kind of small, so I never really felt it was necessary, but it does look nicer). Especially the manuals that are all text anyway, almost seems pointless to use scans...

I tend to do 5-10 of them at a time, so it's just faster to scan, do slight cleaning and create PDFs... What I hate is that it's almost impossible to find a manual that's actually cut straight, so the scans always come out slightly angled... If it bothers me, I have to fiddle with each page to get them straight (I scan in 2-bit B&W, so I can't rotate them in Photoshop...).

If you don't mind, I'll add the Zelda manual to the website...

If anyone has manuals that aren't on the website and want to lend them to me for scanning/PDF creation, please let me know. I'm always willing to add more. (I have a request for Tomy's 3D Jungle Fighter, anyone have that manual? I thought I had a scan of it somewhere but can't seem to find it...)

Rik
FTen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scanned it, then used an OCR program on it. I did clean it up a little bit, but really didn't have to do that much. I used an OCR program called Readiris to do it.
Feel free to put that pdf on the main website and if you want or need any help with OCR manuals scans, I can help.
-FTen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: