The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I believe I may have one for the 'Handhelds On TV' section,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiL
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: I believe I may have one for the 'Handhelds On TV' section, Reply with quote

Used as a non game prop on Voyager in the fourth episode of the first series, Time And Again, it's attached to the wall by it's base and used as a a gate control, we think it may be a Firefox F7 game quite heavily redressed, but as we don't own this episode and have only seen it aired about twice since we spotted it, we cannot absolutely confirm that and would ask other members who have the DVD to please check this out.

*edit* Update, I have managed to find a recording online, this is the scene and it actually occurs at 35 minutes into the episode and is when the Captain and Paris are being held hostage and their captors are attempting to gain entry to the Polaric Energy plant:

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just an awesome discovery! I haven't really watched Voyager since I really got into handhelds, and knowing that they use them as props apparently more frequently than I thought, maybe it's time to watch 'em again!

Welcome to the forums, and what a great way to make an impression! I love handheld games (duh!), and collect movie props, and I love Star Trek... It just doesn't get better than this! Cool With a company local to me having the exclusive account with Paramount to sell off all of the Star Trek props, I'll have to hit them up with this one and see if they can track it down (if it hasn't been sold already...)

Here's a cap from the DVD and an overhead shot of the game right next to it. No doubt in my mind that it is at least the body of this game (Either Firefox F-7, Epoch Galaga X6, Radio Shack Astro Thunder, etc...): Looks like it's just the upper body stuck right to the wall with stickers applied to it.

WiL
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Y Fank U Reply with quote

I'm glad I've made a good first impression!

Excellent picture you've managed to get of it there, much better than mine (taken from my laptop's LCD screen with my digital camera in case you hadn't guessed) and clear enough to make a positive ID now, and yes I completely agree now I can see it clearly, it's just the top sans base, with a paint job and greebles, isn't it?

I was intrigued by the identification of the pyramidical table top game on Star Trek TNG and I just remembered spotting this one once, I shall look out for any more that the Star Trek folks have appropriated now!

It nearly gets shot in this scene (see the 'bullet' hole beneath) I was quite upset! Laughing
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a great find. I have another one. I think it's a game watch in the K-9 movie. I briefly saw it twice, but could not identify it. James Belushi is playing it in one scene and in another he uses as a fake remote control for a bomb or something like that when he's rescuing his girlfriend. I only saw pieces of the movie, It would be great if someone could find it.

I also saw something on a old rerun of "Wings" episode Date Package Number Seven. I think it could have been Konami Top Gun, but I'm not sure.

Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Game & Watch from K-9 is on the site already:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Movies/K-9.htm

Not sure about the remote control... I'll have to check for that.

Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: