The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2 Hand grip type games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotthay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: 2 Hand grip type games Reply with quote

Besides Redline, what other games were of the two hand grip variety? I am trying to recall a game I had, I can't remember the game at all except I remember it required you to hold it by grips with two hands and I think it was brown, but I am not positive about that.

Thanks.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandai's Space Hawk 50 comes to mind...

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Bandai/Spacehawk.htm

It's not brown though...
scotthay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's not it, I may be confusing it in my mind with the bambino knock em out boxing. The more I look through your list of games the more I remember having at one time. I wish I would have been into collecting as much back when I was a kid as I am now, I would have a fortune worth of good stuff. I think most of my handhelds from back then ended up with leaking batteries and were pitched. Although I have managed to get a lot of them back over the years from Ebay. I am mostly a console collector though.
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the obvious other one from Kenner, Long Beach Grand Prix?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you said it was brown and '2 handed' I did think of Bambino boxing and Bandai's Gunfighter:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Bandai/Gunfighter.htm
They _look_ like 2-handed games, but are really two-player games... Maybe it was a game of that design that you are thinking of...

(Can't believe I forgot about Long Beach... Mr. Green )
scotthay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tries, but not those two either. I am thinking that I was probably remembering the boxing game the more I look at it. I know I had it, in fact I think I might still have it in my parents basement. I will have to go over there and look for it sometime.

Just out of curiosity to those of you that have been collecting for a while, I once played the Kenner Redline at a store as a kid, tried to get my mom to buy it for me, but it was expensive back then I think and the only one they had was out of the box that 100 kids had played with. I never saw it ever again at any other store after that, I assume it was pretty rare? Is this why it sells for a pretty high price on Ebay or is there some other reason?

Thanks.
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a long shot but "hold it by grips with two hands and I think it was brown" sounds like it could be something like Tiger Sub Wars http://handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/SubWarsLED.htm

Red Line Racing is rare as it was expensive, and it is a highly desirable game (well it's on the top of my 'wants' list anyway Smile )

Neil.
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange about Kenner Red Line is that prices go up to 100$ ore more for a loose one.Last week was one sold foor +/- 105$ and one for +/- 25$.
So you can be lucky if you wait for a good moment.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: