The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ADVENTURE VISION AC Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: ADVENTURE VISION AC Adapter Reply with quote

I have had the big luck to be a new AV System owner. Yessss! Yessss! Yessss! today!!!
I´m trying to make it work but no "D" batteries are available around 10 miles from me Shocked , and I have no Ac Adapter output plugging jack, anybony knows what kind of jack is needed? Could it be a 3.5mm Male Jack?

Thanks in anticipating, Wink

PS: I have wrritten to Adventure Vision King, but he´s on holidays now. (many very thanks my friend)
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's just a regular 3.5 'headphone' style jack. 6-9 volts. I can't remember, does it mention the polarity on the back of the unit? That's the only thing you want to be careful of...

Rik
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!, Thanks Rik!

No mention of polarity on the back. Really can I damage the system if the polarity isn´t correct for only a pair of seconds of use? Whats the correct ampere for the ac Adaptor, 1800mA is correct?

lack of AV knowledge Confused Confused

Thanks in anticipating
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I wouldn't think you could damage a game with reverse polarity if it's for a REALLY short time (like half second or less). But I wouldn't advise doing it with an Adventurevision... The game is too rare. Smile Let me get home to mine this evening and I'll figure it out for you.

Rik
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, guys, I don't have my AV handy, but I don't think it takes an AC adapter at all! The box pics in the museum has the "or AC adapter" verbiage blacked out in two places, and the unit has a headphone jack, which I'm sure you don't want to go applying power to!

Nor does the manual at adventurevision.com say that anything but 4 D's is an option.

The standard Entex adapter is rated just 4.5 volts at 200 mA, which wouldn't begin to do what 4 fresh D's can do, either. (Positive tip, not that it matters here!)

For what you must have paid for that unit, he should have thrown in some D's!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is an AC adapter plug on it, it's on the back. (Yeah, make sure you are plugging power into the BACK of the machine, not the headphone jack on the side... Cool )

I bet they blacked out the AC adapter thing because the Entex brand AC adapter wasn't powerful enough to run it... Rolling Eyes

I'll check the polarity in a minute...

Rik
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay- We have center-pole positive!

If you have the Coleco Battery Eliminator thing, that will power it. But, if you are going to use it a lot, I'd get something with at least 500 mA. You can't overdo Amps, so anything higher is fine (you mentioned an 1800mA adapter, if that's what you have, go for it (after checking the polarity)).

If it's underpowered, you will burn out the AC adapter eventually, and the AV probably wants more than the 100mA that comes out of the Coleco adapter.

If you get a voltage selectable adapter, try it on 6 volts first. That will probably work fine (since that's what the batteries add up to), but a 6-9volt adapter is fine also. The Coleco adapter is a 9-volt adapter, and all their games run on 4 batteries too.

Rik
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news , thanks Dan & Rik!!! Yessss! Yessss!

Very useful info. Now, I´ll try to get the 3,5 plug for my Ac Adaptor (Coleco adapter works to 125V and I need 220. Get 220v to 125v adapter is more expensive than buying new plug) Mr. Green

If 1800mA is fine, let go for it! Wink

...,I´m very nervous, I have no nails in my ...feet...lol
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just bought a new 1000mA / 6V with the right plug and... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...now is in good working order!!!! Yessss! Yessss! Yessss! Yessss!
I love it

Many very thanks for your time and useful info. Cheers!!! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: