The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I think I have some rare handhelds that are not on here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainlynx
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: I think I have some rare handhelds that are not on here? Reply with quote

How can I send pictures and to who? What email address? Like the Pacboy I have seems like nobody has heard about it and nothing on google about it. Seems like I compare my handhelds and some are not included in handheld Museum database. Just want to help.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Pacboy? http://www.prezziesplus.co.uk/.....-game.html

There are no doubt several hundreds of modern handhelds that are not in the museum. The HHM is all about vintage games, roughly the mid '70s through the '80s. Any newer ones listed are there because of something significant, mainly being remakes of vintage games.

Rik, I notice the main museum page never really points out the whole vintage angle - maybe it ought to?

True, museums are usually full of old stuff, except for modern art museums...

Anyway, a whole site could be dedicated to modern LCD remakes of PacMan! I'm sure Rik (and everyone else) appreciates the offer though. His email is rik1138@yahoo.com .
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, I used to have this message at the top of the website (between the banner and the list of manufacturers):

"My goal with this website is to document (primarily photographically) every electronic handheld game made in the late 1970's to the mid 1980's. Collecting these is a hobby of mine, and I wanted to create a complete online encyclopedia of all of them, not just the ones in my collection. Companies such as Tiger, MGA, etc produced TONs of LCD games (and still do in some cases), so I am only attempting to complete these sections up to about 1984 (though there are some newer ones). They are listed in order by manufacturer. (See bottom for daily/monthly updates...)"

I'm not even sure when or why that got removed... Rolling Eyes I should a page with a sort FAQ about the website itself, that would probably clear up some of these things...

But, in general, the age of the games listed in the museum goes up to about 1984-86ish... Sure, there are exceptions (especially with the modern remakes of old games), but I'm not actively interested in putting in all the LCD games made in the 90's and 2000's. There's just WAY too many, and for the most part not that many people seem too interested in them...

Rik
rainlynx
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it seems that is the case.
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik,
That paragraph is on the 'Legal' page or did you just put it back on there?

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha! That's probably what happened. I must have moved it to that page and forgot about it. Still, it should probably be on the main page...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: