The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Complete BS...In my opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Complete BS...In my opinion Reply with quote

Why are these tiger hand helds like "Castlevania II: Simons Quest" going for $80-$100?? I grew up with these games (Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, Karnov, Simons Quest, Heave Barrel, Gauntlet, Double Dragon..Double Dragon looked cool, but boy did that game suck! it was so boring)..) and Simons Quest along with the majority of Tiger hand helds were not that uncommon.. i don't see why they seem to be listed with high "buy it nows" or auction starting bids, and if they are cheap the seller usually has the shipping charges up higher than crank addicted insomniac.

most "serious" collectors laugh at these Tiger games.. Me, i would love to get the ones back i used to have and a couple new old ones. oh why didn't i take better care of them and not lose or break them..*sighs*
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone agree/disagree? anyone alive? Neutral
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one in particular seems to be desirable, mainly due to Castlevania collectors. The only other Tiger LCD I know of in that league is Nightmare Before Christmas, again due to collectors of that movie's memorabilia.
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, damn the collectors driving up the prices!! lol, ah well.. looks like i'll have to fork over the high amount of $ if i want it, unless i find one cheaper somewhere else..
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I'm not too excited about the white Tiger games... I do happen to have Nightmare though (bought it for $5 when they went on sale along with all the toys shortly after the movie's release. Long before I was into handheld games! Smile )

But it does seem like certain ones command a high price because of the game title, not so much the fact that it's a handheld.

I do like the ones that are arcade themed (just because I love arcade games!), and some of them do seem expensive... Didn't we see an auction of Double Dragon 3 recently for over $100? I also think some of the 'rare' titles were made in smaller quantities for whatever reason... They just seem too uncommon to just be because everyone is collecting them...

Rik
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, i guess there are some rare tiger games out there, i just bought 3 Tiger games and should be picking up more soon..

1. Double Dragon (sure it's not the best one, but it's a classic none the less and i used to have it and i saved %12 through a Best Offer)
2. Gauntlet (used to have it)
3. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest ( that was pricey, but i saved %21 through a Best Offer and i used to have it too)

I have the others i used to have on "watch" i bought Double Dragon and Simon's Quest from chickeneater (he seems to have multiple copies of each item)

The arcade themed ones are also my favorite of the bunch Smile i bought the arcade game "Raiden" the actual coin-op game in the arcade cabinet, the game has been taken out and the cabinet now runs MAME, with the X-Arcade joystick which allows up to 2 players to play.

anyone know what happened to this store?:
http://stores.ebay.ca/70s80s90.....asstQQtZkm
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, those two I mentioned were all I could think of off the top of my head, there are others of course, and any game can go high when someone is stricken with a sudden attack of nostalgia... (witness my $270 Mattel Football 2!)

As for electronichandhelds, maybe he's just on vacation? 'cause he was still buying earlier this month...
nixontech2071
Microvision

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its unfortunate on how hard these are to come by in flea markets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: