The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coleco battery cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Coleco battery cover Reply with quote

sorry if this is in the wrong forum,

I am wanting to buy a battery cover for a Coleco tabletop game, the game is Ms. PacMan however, i don't need it to be a Ms. PacMan battery cover any one from a coleco tabletop game will do..

thanks to anyone that can help me, i have looked on ebay there are 0 for sale.
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi shadow, a couple of days ago there were about 6 coleco covers on ebay.
they always pop up quite a bit. there is just a dry spell right now.
give it a couple of days and you'll see more on there.
they used to go for about $10 + shipping a couple years ago, but i
have noticed these prices going up a little bit. as you know, the pac man,
ms. pac man, frogger, DK & galaxian are all interchangeable. my friend is
looking for 1 also...they'll show up soon.....billy
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i saw the 6 coleco battery covers on ebay, but something seemed fishy about it, as they were all listed by the same seller "mamascellar" a 0 feedback new seller, and she was also listing a whole bunch of Nintendo game and watches in their boxes with the manual for starting bids of $0.01, but i did bid on the Ms.Pacman battery cover, but lost it, which was good since i received a letter from paypal/ebay loss prevention about the listing being removed why i got one i don't know since i wasn't the winner, so whoever bought it probably got ripped off. and i bet the same thing happened to whoever won the auction she had going for the Ms. Pacman game in it's box
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what happened with that... I won the Coleco control panel overlays from her, and when I asked her about them she said she had just shipped the items this morning (and it was around noon or so that the auction were canceled by eBay). I didn't look at all the other auction she was selling, but she listed the control panel stickers with $6 shipping each. When I asked her if she could combine the shipping, she changed it to $4 for both of them (and they sold for $2 each). Hardly seems worth the hassle to rip you off for $8.

She wrote back to me immediately when I asked about it concerned that PayPal was going to automatically yank the money from her and give it back to me... I'm going to hold out for a few days and see if the overlays arrive.

She stated in the auctions that she was selling a basement full of electronics and games that her son had accumulated over the last 40 years, and that everything was going to start at $0.01. What seems fishy about that? If something happened to me and my Dad was left with the job of selling off my storage unit full of crap, the listings would probably look the same.... Rolling Eyes

The weird thing was the Email I got from eBay. It said this:
"We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud. "

But I never completed anything outside of eBay... I won the item as you normally would and paid through the PayPal links in the eBay listing... Maybe if she did have a lot of Nintendo G&W listed, people were asking her what else she had or to sell them items 'off eBay'... If eBay gets wind of that soon enough, they will crack down on it. Since you have to do it through eBay's messaging system, they have a record of it. Since it's considered criminal activity by them, they can ban BOTH members (the seller and the hopeful buyer) for doing it...
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i hope everything turns out ok, i really don't like scammers, yah maybe someone emailed her and said they'd buy them all for like $200 or something.. who knows, well i hope you get your overlays. sucks when items fail to arrive or arrive not as described.
bleepytoys
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange thing! Confused

i won a battery cover too and asked her if she has other stuff wich is not allready on ebay and if we can expand the deal a little bit! this would have been an easy chance for her to get lot's more money from me...but she just said: i only sell over ebay!

very strange behaviour for a fraud!!!

it hink we have to wait a few more days until we see if those covers arrive!
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i doubt it's fraud, you guys will probably get your items in time. but, if not that's what paypal claims are for.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mamascellar has been narued and all her auctions yanked, even the completed ones. Weird.

I didn't see any red flags in her listings. Can't imagine what got eBay that pissed at her. Does anyone have her direct email address and want to ask her what the deal is?
bleepytoys
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine told me, that she made him an offer to deal outside ebay.. (to me she didnt!) this was done over her ebay account...so maybe that pissed ebay off! big brother is reading maybe?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been talking to her about it... She's pretty confused about it, and eBay is actually being vague about it too. But we think we've figured it out.

She's new to eBay, so isn't familiar with the problems in the gaming category. It's one of the categories that is plagued with fraud (hence the requirement that all listing in that category can only accept PayPal as a payment, no money orders etc.) It looks like because she is a new user, and listed a whole lot of stuff in the gaming category that it raised some flag at eBay and they yanked it all (even the completed auctions)... In fact, there might even be a rule about how many items a new user can list in that category at once, not sure...

She'll have to start out small and build up to a lot of items after getting some feedback first. You'd think they would contacting people first before just yanking their account... But that's eBay for you.

Rik
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then it just shouldn't let her list more than the limit. Rolling Eyes

This kind of treatment, I think, would encourage trading outside of eBay!

She listed a lot of baseball cards, too. I can imagine that would be another fraud-plagued category...

eBay is requiring no money orders on everything now, by the way. Checks, either. It's either PayPal or another even more expensive e-payment service (simply to fend off claims of monopoly)! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
bleepytoys
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my batterycover just came in! so it's no fraud at all!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:

eBay is requiring no money orders on everything now, by the way. Checks, either. It's either PayPal or another even more expensive e-payment service (simply to fend off claims of monopoly)! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Well, so I thought, I'm sure I heard it was starting in mid-October. Maybe the outcry was too great? (Hope so!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: