The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Listed some games on eBay...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Listed some games on eBay... Reply with quote

I listed a bunch of games on eBay, a Bandai Gundam vs Gelgoog Zaku being the rarest I believe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280312016425
[Archived: 280312016425 ]

Everyone bid! Mr. Green

Last edited by Rik on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it seems weird for _me_ to be asking you guys this, but does anyone know why this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320339942662
[Archived: 320339942662 ]

Sold for $300? Shocked Not that I'm complaining or anything (hehe), I was just a little surprised at that...

Rik

Last edited by Rik on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a new one on me!

And I thought mamascellar was only selling? (Funny, they still haven't blocked that way of finding out who won an auction!)

Speaking of "her" (I had my doubts it was really his mom even before this) I have a real doozy of a story to relate when I find the time about "her", long story short for now, I won and wanted to still buy a $20 Powerman that "she" said was broken, just for the box, and "she" wouldn't send it to me, and we ended up in this giant pissing contest and "she" has blocked me from bidding!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought that was strange too... But if you look at her buying history, she's been buying up a lot of games, even common stuff like Coleco Pac Man and such... Not sure what the story really is there...

Of course it takes two bids to make final cost... Most of the other bidders seem to Inspector Gadget fans, evidenced by their user IDs or avatars... Maybe it's a known collectible in that market.

Rik
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Shocked . That does seem a huge amount for that game!

I'm not downing the quality of your game or anything Rik, but I wouldn't have thought it was anything special.

That Bandai Gundam vs Gelgoog Zaku on the other hand went for suprisingly little I thought.

Are you saying Dan that 'mama is probably a 'dada' in disguise?

Neil.
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is that game was only available through some offer with the cereal company. i've been an active collector of the 80s/90s Tiger LCDs for years and i've never heard of that.

also, Rik, that's me that won the mini Crazy Climber. woohoo!!
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speaking of "her" (I had my doubts it was really his mom even before this) I have a real doozy of a story to relate when I find the time about "her", long story short for now, I won and wanted to still buy a $20 Powerman that "she" said was broken, just for the box, and "she" wouldn't send it to me, and we ended up in this giant pissing contest and "she" has blocked me from bidding!

I knew by the way the games were described. No 50+ mom knows all about her son's games. That was a dead give away. Then when I asked about Eric, "she" was a bit evasive. I just thought he might have a reason for disguising himself. Like wanting a clean slate with bidders.

Thanks for the tip on the broken game scheme. He got me on that one also. I won something really cheap and he came back and said it was broken and did I still want it. I said no because I had one already. I was just putting in low bids to see if I could get something cheap and I did. Well I won it, I didn't get it.

Now the good. He/She misjudged shipping costs and jacked the costs up on me for a shipment, but then offered me free shipping for anything I buy in the future. They have stuck to that. So He/She can't be all bad.

I love that he got me on the broken game thing. I usually don't fall for those. Much more believable than the seller who told me "the post office they took the game to burned down and the game was lost in the fire" They were happy to refund the $5 I paid for the game.

Linda
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm still waiting for my 4 games... apparently it was shipped and returned with a non existent address. Never happened before, i hope i'll get them !

Pat
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: