The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Selling My Nelsonic Space Attacker Watch on Ebay until 8/22

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reborales

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Selling My Nelsonic Space Attacker Watch on Ebay until 8/22 Reply with quote

I just pulled my Space Attacker watch out of storage after 20 years and was going to fix it up. I had the inside cleaned and the batteries replaced by a jeweler. I set the time and date (thanks to the instructions provided by handheldmuseum.com), and it worked perfectly. Today (8/17/09) I had a new band put on it since my friend broke the original about 20 years ago. As soon as the sales girl gave the watch back after installing the band, it started malfunctioning. It reset itself, the buttons worked sporadically, and it occasionally makes an electric crackling noise (faulty wire). So now I'm T.O.'d and am selling it on E bay. Maybe someone who can afford to have it fixed will buy it.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they have to open the back to put the watch band on? There's nothing in a watch like this that can make a crackling sound except the speaker, which is usually part of the back cover and makes it's contact via two springs on the watch body. If it's working sporadically (and 'crackling'), these springs probably just aren't making good contact with back plate of the watch. You also have to put the back on in a certain orientation on some watches, maybe they didn't line it up right... If you are comfortable opening it, try popping the cover off and see if it's aligned correctly...

Here's the listing if anyone's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220468005456
reborales

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Hey, it's working again. Reply with quote

Well I did like Rik said and took the back off. I didn't find anything askew, but after I put the back back on, it worked great. I pulled the watch off of Ebay. If I keeps working I might just hold on to it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: