The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Registration Rules and Posting guidelines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules. Read these BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO REGISTER!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Registration Rules and Posting guidelines. Reply with quote

Send me an Email if you want to join the forum, and I will send you the VIP code for registration.
(For my Email, add 1138 to my username and send it to Yahoo...)

IMPORTANT: You must fill in your location and interests when registering (and I need more than just 'USA'). Otherwise I will not activate your account.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: All new accounts must be manually activated by me. In order to be activated, you must fill in your location, and your location must match the location of the IP address you are registering from. In the 'Interests' field, state the reason you are signing up on the site. This is basically a note for me to verify that you aren't some spamming scum. You can change to an actual list of Interests after you are activated. I'm sorry I have to resort to this, but I'm sick of having to delete posts and accounts created by spammers.

Please do not use a username that is also a website unless it pertains specifically to vintage handheld games. That includes using the part between www and .com as your user name. If you want to do this and are legitimate user, please post at least some message when you register so I know you aren't just trying to spam the forum with your website.

After the account is activated, log in and post a message somewhere (just say 'Hi' in the Off-Topic section if you can't think of anything else to say). Accounts that go for more than a month and still have '0' posts (Zero), may get deleted if they look kind of spam-ish to me... (If I know who you are, you are safe... Cool ) Keep an eye on your Bulk-mail folder for messages from the board, they might get filtered out as spam...

As for posting to the forum:

Just don't do anything annoying, stupid or that you wouldn't want your 6-year-old to read. I reserve the right to delete everything.

Registration is required, and you will have to verify your Email address before it's completed. Rest assured that your Email address will never be disclosed to anyone for any reason (unless required by law of course). I hate spam MORE than you, so there's no way you will be getting any FROM me or anyone else becuase you registered on these forums.

Yessss! And I happen to find that 'smiley' (the one at the beginning of this line) one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. (Those that work with me will understand why... Mr. Green ) Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules. Read these BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO REGISTER! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: