The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Simon game used to open portal in movie/TV show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Simon game used to open portal in movie/TV show? Reply with quote

Okay, someone sent me this question in Email:
"A boy plays the electronic 80's simon game until he beats it. When he beats it, a portal opens up in his bedroom and he walks through it. The movie ends with his parents left in the bedroom and they have to beat it to follow him. Someone else was looking for the answer too but no one answered it"

There's a whole thread here:
http://www.mahalo.com/answers/.....simon-game

It seems people remember it as a TV movie (or maybe an episode of Twilight Zone/Outer Limits/Amazing Stories/etc.) There was also Friday the 13th on TV which I think was similar types of stories (nothing to do with the movies really), I'm sure there's others...

Does this sound familiar to anyone here? I don't think it's anything I've ever seen, and it's possible it's not actually Simon, but some other similar game from the 80's (Fabulous Fred, Match Me, etc...)

Anyway, thought I'd ask here and see if anyone can come up with anything new.

Rik
the-topdog
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually remember this as an "ABC After School Special"... I say this because Time for Timer was one of the commercial breaks for it "Hankerin' for a hunka cheese!" and I don't remember him being a commercial break for any other shows.

But the game was white and rectangular-ish in shape with colorful square buttons, it was not circular so it wasn't a Simon.

I can't remember the entire plot but it was one of those stories with a moral, like most of the After School Specials.
That80sGuy
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Amazing Stories...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088478/episodes
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the-topdog wrote:
But the game was white and rectangular-ish in shape with colorful square buttons, it was not circular so it wasn't a Simon.

Ahh, so probably Castle Toys Einstein?
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/CastleToy/Einstein.htm

After-school special sounds like it might be it, that would explain why there's no record of it on the internet. Mr. Green

I believe Amazing Stories has been searched, and no one found anything there...

Rik
the-topdog
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:

Ahh, so probably Castle Toys Einstein?
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/CastleToy/Einstein.htm

After-school special sounds like it might be it, that would explain why there's no record of it on the internet. Mr. Green

I believe Amazing Stories has been searched, and no one found anything there...

Rik

Bingo! That's the unit!

But i just looked up "Time for Timer" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_for_Timer and it looks like he was on on Saturday mornings as well as being on the After School Specials... so now I'm only like 50% sure it was an After School Special. But I do know for a fact that Timer was one of the commercial breaks for it. Rolling Eyes
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a bit of a Dexter cartoon where there was a Simon at a doorway, and it hilariously made the familiar somewhat buzzed tones when pressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: