The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coleco Zaxxon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Coleco Zaxxon Reply with quote

score coming soon..
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my best score so far of 124 (Skill level 1, cause this game is very difficult to judge depth on properly)

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: coleco zaxxon Reply with quote

shadowflame is right. the depth is tough to keep up with.
it took me quite a while to get this score.
skill 2 / 142 points

lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm new to Coleco Zaxxon, but very addicted.
But it seems no matter how long I play I can only get to 75 points! It's the hardest handheld in the universe!!
Maybe my zaxxon is just old and worn out, because I can't seem to get the joystick to move precisely enough all the time. Seems the ship "jumps" sometimes two spaces when it should have moved one space. Course, I only have ever played this one, so I can't compare it to any others, haha!
I finally managed to start shooting the ships in the outer space parts by counting how many movements up and across so I could figure out where they actually are in space.
Since I can't get thru the third asteroid fortress part, I don't know what comes next. Does the game just get harder, or do you get to have a showdown with the zaxxon robot like in the arcade version? I'm dying to find out!!!
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: My Coleco Zaxxon high score so far! Reply with quote

Hey guys! I know it's just on difficulty 1, but I'm proud of this score of 156 so far.

I'm going for difficulty level 2!
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: skill 2 / 160 points! Reply with quote

skill 2 / 160 points!

I'm a dork tho, and didn't use a flash to show that the switch is set to level 2 difficulty, you can kinda see, but I promise the next one will be a clearer photo. Please someone challenge me!! love this game!!!

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: zaxxon challenge is on! Reply with quote

aha! another handheld challenge is on the horizon! stay tuned for my new zaxxon score (on skill level 2 of course!)...coming very sooooon!
from billytherobot
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Zaxxon attack! Reply with quote

Excellent, Billy! I'm excited to see what you can do. One of the reasons I love this game so much is that you can get a high score without playing the "same" game for 45 minutes (as in TRON, etc). Of course, it takes me about 50 games of zaxxon to get a decent score, haha!
So far, I've determined that there is no 'boss' stage as I'd hoped, tho I can't seem to survive past the third asteroid fortress to find out. Looks like the robot just pops in here and there.
Look forward to hearing from you soon!
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: zaxxon Reply with quote

man your not kidding. it is fun to play quick games on here as opposed to playing the same game for hours at a time. i forgot how tough zaxxon was on level 2. i spent a big portion of last night trying to over-take you with no luck. i will continue until i getcha!!!!!....billy
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That high score I got might have been pure luck, because most of the games I played before that were nowhere near that high.
On that game, I still had all of my ships plus the bonus one you get for 100 pts. - and suddenly I noticed that I beat the latest high score, I got so excited that I lost all my lives between the same two walls, haha!
In the fortress parts, you really have sweep back and forth shooting as much as possible to crank the score up. Tho, I still can't seem to get much in the outer space parts. Those ships are so hard to hit!
I got sucked in for several hours last weekend on that game.
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: zaxxon high score! level 2! Reply with quote

well my friend. it was a tough week of playing daily after work, but i finally gotcha! 180 pts on level 2. here is the photo

i wish you all the best for a future challenge. (on ANY game!)
thanks man.
-billy
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Zaxxon high score! Reply with quote

Congrats Billy!

You are a real trooper! I think this is the hardhest handheld game in the universe, which is why it MUST be conquered!

Hmm, back to worship the ol Zaxxon shrine. I will see what I can accomplish to top your score, he he!
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Zaxxon 204 points on Level 2 ! Reply with quote

Woo hoo! Uh oh, Billy, looks like you're not done yet! Up for another challenge?

This game is insane! I have an extreme love/hate relationship with it.
I can't stop playing it, and I can't stop swearing at it!
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: holy smokes! Reply with quote

whaaaaat!!!!!!!!???????? curses! how did you break 200 on level 2?!!!! oh man, i just went online and saw your new score. unreal, man. it may take me 2 months, but i'm going for it friend!!!!!!
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lordsardonyx, i gotcha! 224 on level 2. by far, the toughest
of all the coleco handhelds. you got any steam left in ya? Smile
billytherobot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: