The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Horrible news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Horrible news Reply with quote

Everyone,

I lost my wife to a car wreck last Thursday.

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you guys sooner.

A lot of the shock has worn off, the feeling like your body has struck a low note with infinite sustain, but I am still reeling with uncertainty and disbelief.

If you want to see her obituary, it's:
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20100228/APC010301/2280572/1007

Our daycare center director was also in the crash, driving, and she is in a coma with an undetermined amount of brain damage, among other injuries.

It's going to be a challenge keeping the center going (they did all the people work), besides my daughter needing me more than ever...

Make sure you all appreciate the loved ones around you, and let them know every day, for we are here on this planet for just a short time, and sometimes it's even shorter than you expect.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I know what it's like to loose a loved one, although not so suddenly. My heart and my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Rik
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your sudden loss. My deepest sympathies to you and your family Dan. In these trying times look inside yourself and find the courage and strength to go on for your daughter. My thoughts are with you.

Pat
Gameinhand
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Sorry About Your Loss Reply with quote

Dan, very, very sorry to hear about your tragic loss.
Stay strong for your daughter during this very difficult time.
My deepest sympathy goes out to your and your family.

Rich
Tomasrg
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also know that no comfort is quite enough to replace the loss, but be strong you ans your family.

Please accept my sympathy

http://gamewatch.com.es/
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, My prayers are with you and your family and the family of the daycare director.

Linda
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. The director died too now, the night of my Karen's funeral (Weds), after they turned off the machines.

So that's two people dead because a semi decides to pull over right at an on ramp during rush hour. Gearing up for the anger phase here...
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just new to the forum, but I'm really sorry for your loss. I also just recently lost a mentor myself. Horrible is an understatement.
LLB9977
Microvision

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

god bless you friend. i hope you find all the strength in the world at this time.take care.
Lee
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about your terrible news Dan. My heart and deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Neil.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan I'm with you. I'm sorry to have read this tragic news only today. May God be with you,your family and the other woman family. Its terrible, just terrible.

Alex
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your support, everyone, and just an update, it took almost two months but the accident report was finally finished, and it places the blame squarely on the semi driver, who received two traffic citations.
steveOR
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man I am so sorry to hear this Sad I don't know you very well Dan but regardless my heart goes out there to ya bigtime. -Steve
LM
Microvision

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Thanks for all your support, everyone, and just an update, it took almost two months but the accident report was finally finished, and it places the blame squarely on the semi driver, who received two traffic citations.

This is the the worst case scenario for any of us. I cannot understand a loss like this, but man, I can offer sincerest condolences.

As an aside, sue that trucking company's ass off. Get a good attorney with a proven record of sky-high recoveries (the nature and amounts of their recoveries is a portension of their desire to fight for the maximum, as opposed to being an ineffective, Settlement Sambo. Big recoveries = trials, which some lazyand/or incompetent attorneys avoid and will provide you with bad council to keep from having to articulate a case).

Don't pick any random phone book lawyer, not a lawyer who is a friend of a friend who says he's good. Do your homework, consult Martindale/Hubble and get the very best advocate in your region. A case like this, if the facts are as you said, you will have the best attorneys lined up to take it on contingency.

The monetary award will do nothing to alleviate your feeling of loss, but it will help to provide a stable life for your daughter in the wake of this massive tragedy caused by their actions.

The loss of a household earner, the loss of a mother, the potential need for professional counseling- all of this stuff deserves to be accounted for and since their gross negligence rung a bell that cannot be unrung, there's only one way for them to be held to account.

Good luck, friend. Don't settle.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I retained counsel long ago, but I am gratified to see they are rated "preeminent 4.9/5" on that site. And this will be a long process, I'm ready. Considering the guy was also on and off his cell phone repeatedly in the period leading up to the accident, a jury would be quite sympathetic I'd guess.

I feel bad for the guy who actually struck them after the semi flung them into his path.

And sorry, people, I never updated you, but I did find a new director and finally got a new state license, so we did save the daycare center. And thank goodness school is back in, I have lots left to accomplish and it was a very daughter-centered summer.

Thanks for everyone's support through all this, it is certainly very appreciated and helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: