The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Japanese translation needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobuntaku
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao, as long as you don't dog me about it, I'm fine with whatever you wanna throw at me. I used to help translate manga and people wanted waaaaaay too much of my time for little to no gratitude, and I know you were kidding, but "Be careful what you offer" should definitely be my mantra. =P Though I have to say boxes and miscellany are easier to translate because they don't generally use that much slang or anything colloquial, usually just straightforward names and features and such.

Anyway, onto your request. Obviously Hokuto no Ken is the name, which means Fist of the North Star as you probably already know. Often times in 80's and 90's anime they would give weird titles to episodes of a show, and even in Japanese attaching the second part (with the ! after it) to any part of the title still makes no sense. But the full title is "Hokuto no Ken: Vividness! (Yes, you read right, no idea.) Hokuto Shinken" Hokuto Shinken is the type of martial arts that the protagonist, Kenshiro, practices. If you translate the characters directly, it's North Star God Fist. Oh and the transliteration of "Vividness!" (lulz) is "Senretsu" in case you were interested.
RATH
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Bandai/HokutoNoKen.htm

北斗の拳
HOKUTO NO KEN

鮮烈!北斗神拳
SENRETSU! HOKUTOSHINKEN

北(HOKU)斗(TO)の(NO)拳(KEN)

鮮(SEN)烈(RETSU)!北(HOKU)斗(TO)神(SHIN)拳(KEN)
physics223
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually what they say. It's practically something like, Hokuto no Ken: SHINING HOKUTO SHINKEN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: