The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New stickers for handheld games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

Clear your web browser's cache, and then right-click on the link above for MsPacMan and select save-as (instead of just clicking on it like you normally would). Your browser is just copying the bad .ZIP from your cache, you have to force it to re-download the file. I just did it myself and got the bad .ZIP, and when I forced it to re-download it it was okay, so I know the one up there now is good...

Rik
Atariboy
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Try this:

Clear your web browser's cache, and then right-click on the link above for MsPacMan and select save-as (instead of just clicking on it like you normally would). Your browser is just copying the bad .ZIP from your cache, you have to force it to re-download the file. I just did it myself and got the bad .ZIP, and when I forced it to re-download it it was okay, so I know the one up there now is good...

Rik

Its working now thanks Very Happy
lbaeza
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm looking for these files, but these are no longer available...

Anybody has a copy of these files? If anybody can provide me with a copy of the Pacman files, I'll greatly appreciate that...

Regards

Rik wrote:
Okay, I've zipped up all the graphics for each game seperately. There were .PSD (Photoshop) files for some of them on the CD, but all they are is all the .JPGs laid out in one huge file, so I didn't see the point of including them. Each game should have the top, marquee, 2 sides and the instruction sticker from the bottom. None of the control overlays were on the CD.

The quality and accuracy vary... Here's the links (I put them on the old HHM server, let me know if there's any problems accessing them):

http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/donkeykong.zip
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/donkeykongjr.zip
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/frogger.zip
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/galaxian.zip
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/mspacman.zip
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/pacman.zip
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Erik1138/ColecoRestore/zaxxon.zip

Also, keep in mind that the Donkey Kong Jr. stickers are designed for the prototype version of the game, not for the game that was actually sold in stores...

Enjoy... If I get the chance to make these better, I'll let everyone know (anyone else is welcome to clean them up as well...)

Rik

(Note- Okay, I just printed the side art for DK, Ms Pac and Zaxxon to compare. They all look a little dark (but that might vary from printer to printer, and can be adjusted), the Zaxxon one looks pretty good printed, as does the Ms Pac. If you want to be picky, the DK needs some work, it kinda looks computer generated, not all the colors are filled in where they should be, the copyright is missing, and some parts just look hand-drawn (like the oval shaped border around the name). I'm guessing this one wasn't made from an actual sticker off the Coleco game, and the other two were... But, if the alternative is no stickers on your game, these actually do look really good...)
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah, that server died long ago (well, the company shut it down). I'm uploading them now to a permanent location. I still want to clean them up someday, it'd be even more awesome if someone created vector art out of them (like Illustrator files or something), but I'm not sure that's in my skill set.

I've also scanned the Q*Bert stickers (since they all conveniently fell off my game... Rolling Eyes ). I'll post those up later if anyone needs them.

So, for now, these are going to be the original .JPGs I received several years ago. They don't look bad, I'm just hoping to make them better some day... (Or someone else is welcome to help out!)

I'll post the link in a bit (not hard to guess I suppose, but I don't want anyone trying to download partial files while they are uploading... Cool )

Rik
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, they are all up if anyone wants them:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Coleco/ColecoRestore/

Rik
lbaeza
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik

Thanks a million. I recently bought a working Coleco Pac Man, but needs some cleaning. All the stickers are gone, so that's the reason of my request.

I have a friend who is savvy on graphics software, let's see if he can vectorize these stickers.

Regards and thanks again.
geoanas
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik
Thanks for the stickers ! I really needed these !
It would be very nice to upload the Q*Bert's as well, because mine are seriously damaged.
THANKS !!
Yessss! Yessss!
lbaeza
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Here are some pics of my Pac Man restoration, the only original label I keep is the control panel one:

I printed the labels on an adhesive paper using a laser printer. Later I put a protective transparent adhesive sheet on them. Then I put the labels on the tabletop.

The result is good enough for me. The dimensions where correct, but the colors do not match 100% compared with the colors on the control panel label.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the result.

Thanks Rik for sharing the files, you can see those were put to good use.

Regards
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's great. Did you clean up the images at all, or just print them exactly like I uploaded them? They look great! Getting the color to match with the overlay might be tough, and I'm not sure it did 100% originally anyway since the overlay is printed on plastic...

That reminds me, I have the Pac-Man overlay scanned too, I forgot to include that in the package (I think). If anyone needs that, let me know.

I'll get the Q*Bert ones up too...

Rik
lbaeza
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I didn't clean the images, I just used them just the way they are available.
I'm interested on the Pac Man control panel overlay scan too, please upload it.

Thanks in advance.
LM
Microvision

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those images.

I'm in an odd spot where I have one Mint In box pristine Coleco Pacman that doesn't work mechanically, one ugly pacman that works perfectly and a decent Donkey Kong that's missing the battery cover.

The logistics say that I do a little swap-a-roo on the pacmans so the working innards are in the pristine case, which leaves me with a crappy Pacman case and with Pacman battery cover, and a Donkey Kong in need of a battery cover...

Now, with that, I can use the Pacman battery cover and print out the Donkey Kong instructions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: