The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nintendo (Nes Collection)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Nintendo (Nes Collection) Reply with quote

OK, this is a little off topic, I'm trying to complete my NES collection this year. I kind of have two going. A complete in box collection and a sealed collection. I'm 60 games away from having a complete collection. As I'm sorting through my "extra" games I realized I had about 50 sealed extras.
My question is should I substitute my complete in Box games with their sealed doubles? It seemed like a no brainer at first then I realized sometimes I like to put in an old game and challenge my sister or relive the good times. Honestly it doesn't seem like I do that much, but I can't figure out why I'm hesitating on swap.

What do you think ? Swap the complete in box with the sealed even though I have another sealed copy in my sealed collection?

Thanks,
Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, assuming the 'open box' collection is there so you have the opportunity to actually open it and play the game (or at least see it in action), I'd leave that collection as is and use the extra sealed games as trade fodder, or sell for money, to get the ones you still need to complete the sealed collection.

If it happens to be a game you _know_ you will never want to plug into an NES, then it probably wouldn't hurt to have a sealed copy in both collections...

Also consider, if there's a sealed game in your 'open box' collection, and you just _have_ to play it, would you be willing to open it? Cool

If I have a game I think I'll have the desire to play, I usually try to have one copy sealed and one copy open (assuming I've ever found a sealed one). Any extras in either category get sold/traded to increase the overall collection.

There's my thoughts. Mr. Green
Rik
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<cursing in the church mode>I gave up playing all games on original consoles. With a MacMini, XBMC and all excellent Bannister emulators, why bother opening your sealed ones..... Display quality even stinks with original consoles on modern TV's, even for composite modded ones. Your original controller can be connected with an USB adapter.</cursing in the church mode>
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us true die-hards still love playing on the real thing... Cool

I have full size arcade games even though the games play perfectly in MAME... I still break out the Commodore 64 frequently to play games even though I can do it just as easily with an emulator...

Just having/playing the original hardware is what takes you back to your childhood... It was an Atari 2600 plugged into a crappy 1970's TV when I was a kid. Sometimes I have to re-live that. Mr. Green Most of use have/love the emulators for a quick fix, but for true nostalgia only the real hardware will do!

And if you have kids (or access to them), it's much cooler to show them the actual game systems and cartridges/discs... They get a better feel for what it was like 'back in the stone age' than just seeing crappy graphics rendered in an emulator on a computer that they _know_ can play modern games...

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up doing a combination technique. For the ones where I had an extra sealed game but no complete in box game or a really crappy CIB game I replaced. For the other ones with mint CIB games I left as is.

Here is most of the collection. I would put it in brag section but this is off topic brag. Honestly not doing much bragging just wish I could finish it. Smile

Book Case 1 CIB and Sealed games

Book Case 2 Sealed games

Book Case 3 Sealed games

Book Case 4 5 6 CIB games

Topps Original Art for Nintendo.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: