The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Be careful with ebay nick lakesideman41017

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobutu16
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Be careful with ebay nick lakesideman41017 Reply with quote

Unfortunately there must always be a problem on ebay. After more than 100 sales last 2 months, which as you all know I've sold out, Spiders Entex brand new, never USED, one of my pearls in my collection...and after 7 weeks for delivery due to strict controls on entry into U.S. claim receipt by the buyer, (Mentioning that he and I put another previous claim item not received and I NEVER had any information from him by e-mail, or wondering where my shipment was not given anything, and as some of you know I always send constant information about my shipments , especially if they are delayed non-origin causes):

"Good news. The item arrived today after waiting 7 weeks.Bad news. The item was broken. His listing stated the material was in working order. The box arrived with no damage. The game was wrapped and had no damage. After he shipped the item, he said the item was like new. That is not the case. The illumination button is broken off and rattling around inside the electronic game. To make this issue worse, the item was taken apart prior to shipping. I know that because when it was re-assembled, they didn't line up the top and bottom section and you can see the pieces on the inside that should have lined this up to fit correctly. This item does not power up. It is broken and useless. He said it was never used. This all is a LIE. The sad thing is that I have 2 of these items and only wanted the box. I paid the high amount for the item because he described his item as better than the condition of my current items and the box did like nice. He mislead this entire auction to get more moeny fully knowing that this was broken. This couldn't have gotten broken in transit. It was packed too nicely to have any damage and there was not external damage to the shipping box nor was the box damaged on the interior not to mention is was packed well with styrofoam around it. Because I bid for the box, I don't want to return the item but the seller needs to be responsible for their faulty listing and "taking the money and running". He owes me some sort of refund"

Obviouslly this is my answer:

"Hi Phillip. At least the product has been delivered( you doubted that had not been sent). I would let you know that I have no intention to mislead anyone nor am I a liar. It is better that we end this sham transaction, give me back the product in the SAME CONDITION that I sent you and I refund the money.
Just let you know that many other buyers before you, asked me to send them detailed photos of the product and its operation, these photos are taken from all angles and of course, screen in perfect working condition and the game are fully working order.
I just hope that the product IŽll receive, will be the same as the one I already sent you. The first thing I do when I get it is to take a notarial deed to see if the product received corresponds to the original product and the pictures sent to other potential buyers.
... something I have to serve my legal career 20 years ago and my years on ebay and paypal ...
I hope you understand my attitude, but I could be anything but not a liar."

... what a coincidence that he had another 2 Spiders and that he just wanted the box ... and it asks me to return 75% of the amount and he maintained with everything!
He is so disgusting, poor Morals / ethics

Please be careful.

Most vendors in Europe may have important pieces, there are few, have put him to blacklist.

(Rik, if this idiot has received the package I think you will recive it soon)
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should advise him that, in general, a box alone will triple the value of a game... If it's a _mint_ box, that could quadruple the value of the game... So, if all he wanted was the box, that's 75% of value anyway, so at most you'd owe him a 25% refund. Cool

Generally, when people have a complaint about something I sell, I form an opinion of how cooperative I'm going to be based on their attitude... Sounds like he's being a jerk rather than acting like a responsible adult by calling you a liar and such... It's generally common courtesy to at least inquire with the seller if they are aware that there were some problems with the game (or something). Be nice first, turn into a jerk later if necessary. Mr. Green

If anyone doesn't want him bidding on your stuff, log into eBay, go here:
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin
and add his ID to the list (and anyone else you don't want bidding, I can recommend a few...).

Good luck with this, let me know how it turns out. Can he file a claim with PayPal still (assuming he paid that way)? They will require him to return it with tracking, which is ridiculously expensive in the US these days... BTW, what is the 'illumination button' he's referring to? Does he mean the fire button? Did he send pictures of the game halves not lining up?

It _is_ possible that the box could have been flat-dropped and caused a shock to the game that could cause some damage... If the box landed flat on one side, there may not be any visible damage to the box, but the shock could affect the game. I wouldn't think it would cause the damage he's describing (I'd have to see exactly what it looks like), but with the post office, anything is possible... Was it shipped with insurance?

I'll let you know when my game arrives... (Heh, technically I was more interested in just the box on that one too... Rolling Eyes )

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a slightly better experience.

I bought some new games from a seller and although he seemed honest I had to file a paypal case to protect myself. Long story short I won the case last week and then 3 days later I received the merchandise. It had taken over 9 weeks due to something in customs. I contacted the seller and he was very happy, paypal had frozen his account. I called paypal to help him get his account reinstated and update them on the status. Paypal thanked me for being honest and said since I won the case I didn't have to give the money back, but it was great that I was. I was surprised. I guess a lot of people get the money back and keep the games if they show up. I offered the seller his money plus $50 for his trouble. (I was really happy with the new games and he sent them in the original shipping boxes which I hadn't expected) He wouldn't take a penny more than we originally agreed upon. The documentation showed he shipped on the date he promised. I'm glad it worked out for him. Seemed like a great guy.

Regards,
Linda
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: