The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The most expensive??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Itchy fingaz
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: The most expensive?? Reply with quote

After been blown away by some of the prices I was wondering what is the most expensive or rarest item in video/handheld/systems games and why?
Pictures of said item's too Cool

What with gaming systems the way they are today is it likely to repeat in so many years down the line?
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think today's stuff will be very worthy in the future. Special editions new in box always will keep their value, but it won't be like the stuff from the eighties. I believe today production runs are at least 10 times as big as the most common game back then.
Next to that: all computers today are generic, and hackable to do whatever you like. Just basic INTEL and ARM boxes....

I really don't get the prices of classic games....
Add "Nintendo" and you have 3x word value, yet Nintendo made maybe the suckiest games of them all: 9 out of 10 are stupid 2 button juggling games, and none of the Nintedo's is real scarse (some feel scarse as there are at least 10000 collectors trying to get all 59).

Real masterpieces like Gakken Puck Monster, Gakken Crazy Kong, Coleco Alien Attack, Gakken Heiankyo Alien, Entex Super Cobra, Bambino Race'N'Chase, Grandstand Star Force, Entex Galaxian 2 etc... nobody seems to be interested in, they can be had for close to nothing. Probably these are so well made, that thousands perfectly working still exist and every collector has them already.

Weird, crappy and bad made stuff like Adventure vision, Romtec, V-tech and Orlitronic table tops have crazy prices. Probably because 99% have fallen apart somewhere down the road last 30 years.

Nobody seems to be interested in the value of the game. I personally like those high quality gameplay games like Q*bert, Defender, Scramble, Pac-Man2, Frisky Tom, Zackman, Amidar, Tron: this does not reflect in high prices or high rewards.

For me it was worth paying premium for: Mattel Gravity (supercool shape), Tomy Slimline Speedway mint in box (this thing is cooler to pull from your jacket than an iPhone G4!), Dig Dug (although I like Zackman a little better for gameplay, the black and white Rosy (best made tabletops EVER by FAR, Japanese of course: this is like Shinkansen-quality in table tops). Bandai VFD Pengo would have been paid premium, but I found it cheaper than cheap.

Pricing goes something like this:
Basic price good working order 10$
Small LCD game: +10$
Bandai VFD: +10$
Coleco-table top:+10$
Stickers used:+20$
Bad quality stickers used: +30$
Something to do with Donkey Kong: +10$
Something to do with Mario: +20$
Something to do with Snoopy: +30$
Something to do with Parman: +50$

Rare:x2 value
Super rare:x3 value
Boxed:x1,5 value
Mint boxed:x2,5 value
New in mint box:x3 value

Nintendo brand: +20$ Nintendotax
Made in China:75% discount
Made in Hong Kong:50% discount
Made in Singapore/Taiwan: 25% discount
Japanese game outside Japan:+30%
American game outside America:+20%
European game outside Europe: +10%

Buy it on a car sale: 75% discount
Buy it on a fixed price classified site: 50% discount
Buy it on a bidding classified site: 25% discount
Ebay or anything Nintendo on a classified site: full price
Mispelled ad (including Nintendo not mentioning Nintendo, Mario, Donkey Kong, Game & Watch, Snoopy or Popeye): 50% discount
Sold as game and watch but non-nintedo: +10$
Itchy fingaz
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the breakdown ill keep it noted, is there any other places that are more resonable with prices tho, as I dont mind paying out but when it's getting into triple figure's I feel that's taking the p*(&!?
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy fingaz wrote:
Thanks for the breakdown ill keep it noted

I'm trying to be mainly humoristic with that list, but I think there is some truth in it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: