The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LCD matrix, round knob, w/ multiple games - pre-1984

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: LCD matrix, round knob, w/ multiple games - pre-1984 Reply with quote

I have a very hazy memory of a handheld game that a friend had my sophmore highschool year, which was '83 - '84, so the game was made before then. I believe it played multiple games, can't remember if they were built in or cartridge based. I think one of them may have been a breakout game. The display was an LCD grid of squares (very low-res), and I think the primary (or maybe only) control was a round, flat disk on the front, that either turned like a knob, or tilted like a D-pad. The general shape, size, and display placement was something like a GameBoy classic (vertically oriented rectangle with screen toward the top).

Any ideas?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds an awful lot like my favorite handheld game, Microvision:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/MB/uVUS.htm

(Partly my favorite becuase I loved it as a kid! Cool ). It came with the Block Buster game (breakout), and it's basically the grand-daddy of the Gameboy...

Rik
Martoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I think that must be it. Like I said, my memory's pretty hazy, but everything about that game seems to fit, and I can't imagine there were too many games like that at that time.

Wow. I've wondered about that game from time to time for decades. I often wondered if maybe it was just a dream I had, since I've never seen such a thing since. Thanks for validating my sanity! Wink
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I have a similar hazy memory of Bambino Space Laser Fight, and I have yet to figure out which old friend had it! (None of the ones I've asked can remember it!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: