The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coleco Zaxxon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: stand up arcade mania! Reply with quote

yo lords! that is awesome that you got a stand up zaxxon. one of the best for sure! i have a stand-up multicade that i love and an original stand up donkey kong. i am actually scoring in the top 40 right now on donkey kong, but i have not made the time to submit my score to twin galaxy. the donkey kong rules are insane for submitting a stand up score. you have to practically take the whole game apart and video tape the circuit boards to have your score count!...billy
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@lordsardonyx
If you're a Zaxxon junkie, do you have the Bandai VFD one too?
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i never found the bandai zaxxon vfd game. you know these darn games get so expensive. it takes a long time to wait until you find one at a descent price. i pretty much have all of my favorite games with a few exceptions. my goal is to eventually post scores on all that i own. i hope rik can keep up! Smile
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one in France last february, as part of a 10 game lot, but the prick still did not ship it..... Guess he converted all my 100 euros to booze, and has nothing left to pay at the post office. I trusted him pretty much as he has a website on all ancient computer stuff, so a real collector.... The only game I was ever screwed over with buying online.
These Bandai Zaxxons show up every few months in France, but it is always a lottery if the seller is not so freaky about giving his bank number for payment. During my holiday I missed a 40 euro boxed one Sad because of payment mistrust). Guess Americans are the same on this as French, as it is another country with the ancient and crap cheque system. But at least all Americans have PayPal, and that is easy for Euro-Dollar transactions anyway. Germans, Dutch, Austrians etc don't care about giving bank details as you cannot do much wrong with them here, so in these countries I always pay without transaction fees over direct bank transfers. But for a Zaxxon, I guess it has to come from France..... Best chance.
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting...thanks so much for the zaxxon france info. it's crazy how much i dig these old vfd games. i can hardly believe they were able to construct these little mini computers with their own little brains, thinking and reacting to players. and this was all back in the late 70's and early 80's! blows my mind every time i think about it!.....
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one on an obscure France game shop site without description or picture. Just asked if it was FL Zaxxon. You bet it was. 19.95€! A steal. Not boxed, but in damn fine condition with just a little hint of "greying" but still light blue. Finally!
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm confused...
what game is your score for?
if it is different than the coleco zaxxon,
it has to be posted in a new thread...billy
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. It is a FL Zaxxon score.
Gameplay is very different. It is more first-person view. And not so incredibly hard. It also does not have hiccups like the Coleco seems to have (scrolling halts when something is hit) .
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, okay...gotcha!
i would really like to find one of those game FL systems so i can compete with ya!
i'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if i find one!
i am hoping to try to get the high score on a few of my other systems that i haven't played much lately...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: