The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Entex Turtles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Entex Turtles Reply with quote

This game is SO hard, it really drives me crazy.
My high score on skill 2 with the dial on the fastest position is 830 points now.

My tactics:
Finish the first level as fast as possible. If you free a bug/beetle in the beginning of the game, reset it immediately and start over. It's a kind of lottery... If you manage to bring 3-5 turtlettes home before releasing the third beetle you have a good starting point.
In the second level: start collecting as many bug bombs as possible before touching mystery boxes. Getting the bug bombs is nearly impossible on high speed in the odd levels. You should not try it there. In the even levels on the other hand moving to the centre is very easy. Get enough bug bombs to get to the next even level.
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Blanka is right about this one, it's incredibly fast and hard on level 2 with speed maxed.

It's one of those games that makes you look for different strategies too.

I formed a strategy where I was playing monkey in the middle of stage 1. The bug bomb refills are right there... So I was basically pinning the bugs on either end with bug bombs (in the very middle column) at different times and grabbing the bug refills.

You can put yourself over a stalled bug so the others can't get you.

I tried to rack up a lot of points this way, as well as bug bombs. Then go for rescuing the turtles. I believe I can push this strategy a little further too.

My high score on level 2 with maxed speed is: 1040

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: