The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Good old sixth grade: Kickball and my GCE Arcade time....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Good old sixth grade: Kickball and my GCE Arcade time.... Reply with quote

Hi.
I used to love getting out for recess. I couldn't eat fast enough. First one to get one of the kickballs that were thrown into the yard got to be a captain and choose the players. Game play was serious, and ultimately very fun!

After that it was back to class. Everyone always asked me to play my watch. Yea a few have pacman, qbert, or frogger watches but mine had a joystick....oooh. I really enjoyed the game watch but maybe my friends enjoyed it more.

I currently have 3, 2 boxed, 1 is brand spanking new. I also have 2 game time watches.

...just need a Sports Time and I'll be all set.

~John
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and my BMX.
Could anyone live without their bike back then... No way!
~John
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Good old sixth grade: Kickball and my GCE Arcade time... Reply with quote

GameWatchGuy wrote:
Hi.
I used to love getting out for recess. I couldn't eat fast enough. First one to get one of the kickballs that were thrown into the yard got to be a captain and choose the players. Game play was serious, and ultimately very fun!

Wow... _Totally_ remember that. Haven't thought about kickball in YEARS...

GameWatchGuy wrote:
After that it was back to class. Everyone always asked me to play my watch. Yea a few have pacman, qbert, or frogger watches but mine had a joystick....oooh. I really enjoyed the game watch but maybe my friends enjoyed it more.

My friend had a Game-Time. I remember thinking it was so cool because it could play more than one game! We'd always be taking turns playing it... Had no idea (back then) that it was related to the Vectrex (something I never had as a kid, but desperately wanted)... I didn't even know there were two other *-Time watches... Rolling Eyes

Rik
GameWatchGuy
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Good old sixth grade: Kickball and my GCE Arcade time... Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
... I didn't even know there were two other *-Time watches... Rolling Eyes

Rik

Man that was the good old days. I wish they let kids now a days have that much fun.

Now knowing more about the watches I sure wish I had a Game Time instead. The game play on it is even fun now (at least for toilet time...lol)

-Dodge ball!
-Space Invaders!
-Pong!

-...can't think of the other of the top of my head.

~John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: