The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tomy Electromechanical Tabletops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinku
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Tomy Electromechanical Tabletops Reply with quote

How rare are Tomy's Space Turbo and Top Shot Pilot? Space Turbo seems common enough, but I've never seen a Top Shot Pilot for sale... Does anyone here have a Top Shot Pilot?
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may be more common in the UK than in the US. I speculate that because I look primarily at the US eBay site, and the only record I have of a Tomy Top Shot Pilot sold with box and papers is in UK pounds. Though not for very high for some reason.

The Space Turbo -- I don't have any record of it selling with box and papers, but I did collect eBay pictures of it in two different colour versions: blue and white.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both of these, or at least I have the Space Turbo, the Top Shot Pilot is still being sent to me.

I can tell you that the Space Turbo is not so rare, there always seems to be one or two on ebay.uk. However, the Top Shot Pilot is a whole different story, I have been running a world wide ebay search everyday for a long long time, it only popped up once last week and I was lucky enough to buy it.
Not only that, doing a google search has only ever shown one/two other people who have this. I thought for a long time it didn't exist and was one of those never released items.

So I would say the Space Turbo is not so rare but the Top Shot Pilot is very rare IMHO.
Nobbi-Germany
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm very happy because I also got the Top Shot Pilot with box. But the instruction/papers are missing.
But it is still not on my homepage.

2 years ago, I had the opportunity to buy it for 10 Euro.

Bye
Nobbi
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobbi-Germany wrote:
Hi,
I'm very happy because I also got the Top Shot Pilot with box. But the instruction/papers are missing.
But it is still not on my homepage.

2 years ago, I had the opportunity to buy it for 10 Euro.

Bye
Nobbi

My Tomy Top Shot Pilot arrived today from Italy. When I turned it on the screen lit up but the scenery did not move - my heart almost stopped. After playing with it for a while it started working , I guess it hadn't been used for a long time and was stuck. It works great now.

Must admit its in pretty awesome shape, it came with the box and instructions.

What really surprised me is that it's actually awesome to play, unlike some of the other Tomy mechanical games , this one seems to have some logical brain in it. When you shout a target and hit it acurately , it explodes and your score counter increases by one. I thought it was going to be like the Tomy Turbo Racing where nothing happens , so I was very pleasantly surprised.
Not only that, but have a fuel gauge that goes down , and you need to refuel on the carrier.

Here's a video on it I found on Youtube (It's in German - Maybe I'll make an English One)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5EQRT7NfA
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... If you can take some good pictures of the game and it's box, I can update the one puny one I have there... Smile (That picture is from eBay I believe... From about 2004...)
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Cool... If you can take some good pictures of the game and it's box, I can update the one puny one I have there... Smile (That picture is from eBay I believe... From about 2004...)

Ok, here are the photo's, bear in mind I'm not the best photographer.

See the first 2 pages of photos on my flickr page below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60707580@N04/

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page updated... Is there a year on the box anywhere? And how many batteries does it take? Might as well get it all updated... Mr. Green
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Page updated... Is there a year on the box anywhere? And how many batteries does it take? Might as well get it all updated... Mr. Green

On the bottom of the game the year is 1988. It takes 4 C batteries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: